Fitler and Daley want Blues' coach position

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
NSW State of Origin legend Brad Fittler says he wants to take over from Ricky Stuart as the next Blues coach.

Stuart is set to accept the NRL coaching role at Parramatta which, under current policy, would prevent him continuing as the Blues mentor.

Country Origin coach Laurie Daley emerged as the early favourite to take over from Stuart, but his City Origin counterpart Fittler has also thrown his hat into the ring should the position become vacant.

Fittler had an up and down run as Sydney Roosters coach between 2007-09, before he was eventually sacked.

The 40-year-old played the most Origin matches in NSW history and says he's been inspired by Stuart's passion to take on one of the toughest jobs in Australian sport.

Stuart was unsuccessful in his latest two-year stint as coach, but Fittler said the groundwork has been set to end Queensland's seven-year reign.

"Yeah, I'd do it. I think there's a good team at the moment. Sticky's done such a good job I think he's put it in a position where you could win so that definitely counts," said Fittler.

"There's a few blokes there (who will apply) ... everyone's going to take a breath at the moment and see what Ricky Stuart is going to do obviously.

"We still haven't won but what he's done from a NSW point of view, he's made me believe more in NSW."

Fittler said he would still like to see Stuart involved in Origin camp.

"It would be a shame if Ricky didn't have some sort of involvement given what he's done the last two years."

Fellow commentator and former Blues great Andrew Johns ruled himself out of applying for the vacancy.

"Me, no chance. I haven't got any experience with it and I don't think I could handle the pressure of it," said Johns.

"I wouldn't want to put myself into the furnace."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/state-of-origin/brad-fittler-throws-his-hat-into-nsw-origin-coaching-ring-if-ricky-stuart-joins-parramatta/story-fn31yxah-1226432163884

Stuart will have the job again.

I think it was Bones who pointed out he will be sacked by Origin time next year.

Fittler is too dumb and Daley is a knob. I wouldn't have either. Bring back Gould.

Absolutely anyone other than Daley, An origin campaign based around rent a quotes and bibberjish. His track record as a selector should exclude his presence or input.

Oh well, here is another 5 years of losing the series if these guys get the gig.

And I am not a fan of RS either by the way. Doesn't use his bench properly

RIP NSW.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4