FISHING

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
LOL  i didnt realise i spelt mackay  mckay lol thats the surname of me mates gal  ..hahaha

Fro link said:
Oh god....

And i'm glad i have some fans occasionally Mata :)
I find watching people shoot fish in a barrel is far preferable to the bestial gore of UFC.  At least it's vaguely cerebral.  ;)

Matabele link said:
Throw has a unique way of fishing.  Great to watch though.
lol mata  hahaha  you used the throw  ,  +1  for that ;D

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290673541[/time]

:eek:
Fro link said:
i just hope his \"mates gal\" isn't a relative :)
lol throw sorry  i must admit  i got no clue what you mean?????????  do you mean is he going out with one of my sisters or you saying he dating a relative of his???  ..lmao  im serious straight over me head the more i concentrate on it the more it just goes round in circles( im lost maybe i had a hard day )........... ::)

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290673594[/time]

any way thanks for fukn up me fishing thread you guys .......  :'(

going for a spin this afternoon,  me mate reckons he got a spot at back of lake , we will see ..  ;)

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290756821[/time]

when  he eventually gets here 
:mad:

well ` the spot at back of lake  shows great potential ,  even though i didnt hook nothing up  , i got few hits on me lure, pity the tide was too low hitting weed  plenty of times, but me mate spun up a flatie which suprised me for the area we were at, looks like mullet territory  if you know what i mean....  well anyway after that i suggested we go home get more beer &  bigger rods & try jewfishing,,  no luck there but had fun again bagging tailors, for live baits  & strip baits though ;).. all in all left about 7.45 didnt get back home till 12.15  ,, had good time ,it actually flew  lol..

jjai link said:
well ` the spot at back of lake  shows great potential ,  even though i didnt hook nothing up  , i got few hits on me lure, pity the tide was too low hitting weed  plenty of times, but me mate spun up a flatie which suprised me for the area we were at, looks like mullet territory  if you know what i mean....  well anyway after that i suggested we go home get more beer &  bigger rods & try jewfishing,,  no luck there but had fun again bagging tailors, for live baits  & strip baits though ;).. all in all left about 7.45 didnt get back home till 12.15  ,, had good time ,it actually flew  lol..

You can't just go "jewfishing" you really need to target them. They are a difficult fish to catch.

You need to get them on the right tide and they pretty much only go for live bait.

Yellow tail are best.

Also they strike in an odd way, you need to let them run a good distance before setting the hook or they will just spit the bait.

I have had one run for a good 30 seconds, i went to set the hook and all i got back was the middle section of my yellowtail and the hook

lol dan ;D i know they are finikky(spelling throw)..  hardest species to get in the world next to hairtail..the tide was coming in & it was a full moon ,,  so thought we would give it a burl plus heaps of prawners about  lots of prawns in the water.. 

been fishing most of the day today started at 6am got home 2.45pm  ..lot of work cranking them lures for 1 bonnie,,  did hook up 2 salmon ..  but you knw ::)  thy live to fight another day.. lost 40 dollars  bascially with 4 lures ,if only that 1st salmon didnt jump back onto the line i had him  3kg easy..  :'(

Still too much fresh water in the system up here to go fishing unfortunately

Dan  , have you ever tried them gulp plastics???  i bought 2 packs the other day one`s are imitation pilchards, havent tried them yet but look good, the other pack was these pink & white grubs with a long tail..  i been using them in the lake,,  tailor jus smash em, well any way  if you havent, give them a go they catch everything,, i was throwing back in my smashed up ones & bitten to bits plastics  & while i was putting on new one all these fish would come up & start biting the old plastic i disposed of right at me feet, i couldnt believe how much of a fish attractant thy are ..

I don't feel the need to add to the aquatic death toll.

The commercial fishermen conduct enough of a massacre for when I feel like fish 'n' chips.

I knew this girl once..............................................

jjai link said:
Dan  , have you ever tried them gulp plastics???  i bought 2 packs the other day one`s are imitation pilchards, havent tried them yet but look good, the other pack was these pink & white grubs with a long tail..  i been using them in the lake,,  tailor jus smash em, well any way  if you havent, give them a go they catch everything,, i was throwing back in my smashed up ones & bitten to bits plastics  & while i was putting on new one all these fish would come up & start biting the old plastic i disposed of right at me feet, i couldnt believe how much of a fish attractant thy are ..

The problem with gulps is they dry out if you don't keep them submerged all the time, and I always forget to put them in my jar when i get home :)

I don't mind some other soft plastics though. The white ones with an orange blip underneath, a black dot for the eye and a paddle tail.

Smashed 5 good size flathead in 2 hours a few months back on them.

Dont have much time for fishing at the moment but once this fresh water flushes out of the systems I might try some of those pink ones

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6