1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fire in Babylon

Discussion in 'Cricket Forum' started by Chip and Chase, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Keen to go and catch this movie. Idolised the Windies when I was a kid, thought Viv Richards was the best thing since sliced bread. Should be a good watch hopefully.

They had Michael Holding on Big Sports Breakfast yesterday talking about this movie. Had some interesting things to say

Best batsman he ever saw....Lawrence Rowe for pure skill and ability, but Vivvy for his intimdation and ability to absolutely dominate an attack.

Quickest Bowler in the Windies side ......no comment, they couldn't get him to say who it was, so I don't know whether the inference was that he thought he was.

Quickest bowler he ever saw......Thommo without a shadow of a doubt apparently

Toughest batsman that he came up against...... Brian Close from England wore quite a few without flinching apparently, also mentioned Stumpy Laird as a tough nut Aussie

Trailer here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg3_NIUv7Z0

Listen to Whispering Death here

http://www.bigsportsbreakfast.com.au/podcasts.php

• Like Like x 5
  2. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Finally got to watch this the other day. Definitely recommend it to any cricket fan, especially if you were a child of the early 80's like I was.

3. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Im a child of the late 80s early 90s but where do i get to see this? It looks incredible

4. Chip and Chase

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
  5. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Thanks for the heads up C&C, downloading now.

I wish I grew up with the mighty Windies, or better yet that they could reach those heights again. Unfortunately it'll never happen again with all the money in Basketball etc.