Fire in Babylon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Keen to go and catch this movie. Idolised the Windies when I was a kid, thought Viv Richards was the best thing since sliced bread. Should be a good watch hopefully.

They had Michael Holding on Big Sports Breakfast yesterday talking about this movie. Had some interesting things to say

Best batsman he ever saw....Lawrence Rowe for pure skill and ability, but Vivvy for his intimdation and ability to absolutely dominate an attack.

Quickest Bowler in the Windies side ......no comment, they couldn't get him to say who it was, so I don't know whether the inference was that he thought he was.

Quickest bowler he ever saw......Thommo without a shadow of a doubt apparently

Toughest batsman that he came up against...... Brian Close from England wore quite a few without flinching apparently, also mentioned Stumpy Laird as a tough nut Aussie

Trailer here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg3_NIUv7Z0

Listen to Whispering Death here

http://www.bigsportsbreakfast.com.au/podcasts.php

Finally got to watch this the other day. Definitely recommend it to any cricket fan, especially if you were a child of the early 80's like I was.

Chip and Chase said:
Finally got to watch this the other day. Definitely recommend it to any cricket fan, especially if you were a child of the early 80's like I was.

Im a child of the late 80s early 90s but where do i get to see this? It looks incredible

Thanks for the heads up C&C, downloading now.

I wish I grew up with the mighty Windies, or better yet that they could reach those heights again. Unfortunately it'll never happen again with all the money in Basketball etc.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6