Finch-we got it wrong AGAIN

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I like the idea of a captain's challenge video ref system, similar to how they challenge calls in tennis.

until they allow the video ref to rule of forward passes AND every try is referred to video ref ( eg -if its obviously a try then the replay and flashing try on the screen , shouldnt take too long )...id rather get it right , than listen to the people say a game would take all day...this and the captains challenge i think would improve the game.

MadMarcus link said:
I like the idea of a captain's challenge video ref system, similar to how they challenge calls in tennis.

How would it work though ?

You would be referring it back to the same clown that just stuffed it

Duff link said:
[quote author=Barry Hyland link=topic=184957.msg289026#msg289026 date=1283225841]
Doesn't this reinforce the widespread opinion (well, mine anyway) that we should get rid of the video ref? I can almost understand, and almost forgive, how the on-field refs missed it, but not the video ref, who has the time and vision to look at incidents repeatedly (and does).
To get that wrong, plus the countless others, is further proof that the video ref - brought in to get 100% certainty over decisions - is a sham. Let's leave it to the on-field rulings which are made at true speed, and accept that they don't make any more mistakes than the video ref.

No way. You don't fix anything by making it more difficult for the refs.

They just have to make the right calls.
If there was no video ref & Archer missed it, we'd all be crying out that the video ref woul've got it right as it was impossible to miss on replay.

The answer is maybe that the captain gets to ask for an explanation, on the spot & on microphone. They can't be allowed to hide anything.
[/quote]

The game was a lot better with just one ref and no video ref. It was easier to follow, and there were far less matches decided by poor refereeing decisions. We've complicated a simple game - just as we've done with our electoral voting system - and it is taking away the enjoyment for people like me.

Mate, with all the TV cameras around, this isn't the 50's.

Everybody picks up on every mistake & there has to be a way of making sure they don't happen.

One ref with no video ref would get so much wrong that would be proven wrong on the TV coverage in every single game that it's just not practical. They don't allow video refs to rule on forward passes & therefore they have become the biggest blight on the game.

The refs would be torn to shreds on 20 calls per game rather than 2 or 3 if they had no backup.

The system as it is, is fine. You can't safeguard against stupidity, apathy or bias. Maybe the video ref needs to be three isolated individuals, like in boxing.

The game is no more complicated than it's ever been. In fact, if you want to go down that path, since the abolition of contested scrums, marker strikes & playing ahead, it's much simpler. The refs have a much easier job than they used to have, and they have backup.

They just have to stop being incompetant or cheating.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6