Finals week laugh

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Something completely different. The Willie M Team of the Year is a list of players who provided the least for their teams over season 2011. Each week they earned points.

"The Willie M Team of the Year is in and by God, it looks heinous. Sure, it includes eight internationals and two Dally M Medal winners but these 13 were as bad at their position as anyone else in the game. Wooden spoon winners Gold Coast provided four members of the team while Canberra, the Sydney Roosters and surprisingly semi-finalist Newcastle all had two players selected. Jason Ryles is the only player to keep his spot from last year though Dave Taylor, Krisnan Inu and Ben Pomeroy were saved by countback.

1.Jarryd Hayne (Par)
2. Blake Ferguson (Can)
3. Clinton Toopi (GC)
4. Michael Jennings (Pen)
5. Steve Michaels (GC)
6. Jarrod Mullen (New)
7. Matt Orford (Can)
13. Greg Bird (GC)
12. Bodene Thompson (GC)
11. Nate Myles (Roo)
10. Antonio Kaufusi (New)
9. Issac Luke (Sou)
8. Jason Ryles (Roo)

A few facts from this year's Willie M Medal. Matt Orford picked up an astonishing 14 votes in only six games in what will likely stand the test of time as the highest average points per game. A total of 271 players received votes this year. Of the top 15 vote-getters, only six were dropped for form issues at some stage in 2011.

Blake Ferguson has won the second annual Willie M Medal for the player who did more damage to his team's chances of victory than any other. No player showed Ferguson's longevity of mediocrity, his penchant for poorness or consistency of crude play all year as the Raiders winger did all he could to contribute to Canberra's six-win, 15th placed season."

More irrelevant irrevancy @ http://www.rleague.com/content/article.php?id=41047

Any other nominations???

Honestly how is Carl Webb not in that team. An uppercut to the compiler.

C Walker?
C Webb?
Whatuira?
Mortimer?

and just so Parra fans dont think im picking on them

Riddell?

Good article for a laugh but a few players out of that bunch i rate - Luke , Hayne, Jennings , Bird, Ferguson. The thing they got so right is even these 5 guys who are smokin when hot are ice cold when bad....

Oldfield ?

............just joking so get back in your box.

That's cruel C & C. He's way to young to be included alongside those old tools. I would have thought that Carney was an automatic selection.

Johnny Cartwright would have to be coach of this side. How do you take a side from top 4 to wooden spoon in one season. ? Actually come to think of it we could ask Brian Smith the same question.

Some terrible picks in that side. Blake Ferguson has been pretty good for the Raiders this year. How about Daniel Vidot, someone who was touted as a QLD chance but was so poor he got dropped to the Canberra Cup and was even worse when given a chance later in the year. Luke shouldn't be in there either and pre-Titans signing, Myles was easily the Roosters best player.

How the **** did Mullen get a start?

Barba
Hicks
Champion
Oldfield
Bani
Mortimer
Wallace
Lang
Farah
Webb
Fulton
Blair
Creagh

Coached by Kearny
Assistant Sharp
Club Parramatta

Is Martin Lang still running around, or has Johhny pulled the boots back on ?

I think he retired,i couldn't think of a worse prop, this bloke would be captain certainly, I'd pull him out of retirement for the game against the english gits

I remember him once running into a gap then looking dumbfounded as what to do next

What do you want from the prop then Eagle ?

Lang was a carthouse, always took his far share of hit ups and every one of them was hard and straight. You always knew what you were getting, he wasn't in the side for passing or offloading, just to collect his metres and get the team going forward, something he did every week without fail

On that side named originally, jeez what has Ryles done to people over the years lol. he has never been that bad a player and he was far from the worst front rower going around this season

Kiwi Eagle said:
What do you want from the prop then Eagle ?

Lang was a carthouse, always took his far share of hit ups and every one of them was hard and straight. You always knew what you were getting, he wasn't in the side for passing or offloading, just to collect his metres and get the team going forward, something he did every week without fail

On that side named originally, jeez what has Ryles done to people over the years lol. he has never been that bad a player and he was far from the worst front rower going around this season

See Josh Perry/Ryan James/Weyman/Gallen/Lussick

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7