Finals week 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As a player I'd rather play Saturday. As a footy fan, I'd rather go to Friday's game instead of Saturday's Double Header at Allianz. The atmosphere will be terrible on Saturday.

Justin Horo 15h
Yeah that's it boys keep bashing each other!!! #ChooksVsRabbits #BirdGang
--------------------------------
Horo - thinks like a Manly Supporter :D

BThpXoCCcAAGhlU.jpg

Losing to Penrith and playing the Roosters seems like the best option imo. Souths get far to many bad calls go their way.

Well at least that is a bit of clarity at last. Toovey will rest players who are hurt, but whoever runs out will be instructed to try to blitz the Panthers in no uncertain terms. We can still take Souths on a short preparation, and momentum will be on our side.

I think the double header could lead to people missing out, once the SFS Members and Corporate seats are factored in it leaves low 30k tickets that can be sold.

With possibly 3 Sydney teams and maybe Knights too, I could see more people wanting tickets than what will be on sale.

I would have been smarted to have a double header at ANZ on the Friday or Sunday.

However, it could also end up 2 Sydney teams with Cows and Scum, then maybe the right decision by the NRL.

If anyone want pricing details -

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-2013-finals-information/tabid/10874/newsid/74523/default.aspx

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-2013-finals-information/tabid/10874/newsid/74523/default.aspx
TICKET PRICES

TICKET PRICES

ANZ STADIUM
Prices for individual matches

TICKETED MEMBERS
Cat 1 Cat 2 Cat 3
Adult $50.00 $35.00 $22.00
Concession $40.00 $30.00 $18.00
Junior $35.00 $25.00 $13.00
Family $135.00 $95.00 $50.00

PUBLIC Adult $60.00 $40.00 $25.00
Concession $55.00 $35.00 $20.00
Junior $50.00 $30.00 $15.00
Family $170.00 $110.00 $60.00

ALLIANZ STADIUM
Prices include 
both matches

TICKETED MEMBERS Cat 1 Cat 2 Cat 3
Adult $70.00 $45.00 $25.00
Concession $60.00 $40.00 $20.00
Junior $55.00 $35.00 $15.00
Family $195.00 $125.00 $60.00

PUBLIC Adult $80.00 $50.00 $30.00
Concession $65.00 $40.00 $25.00
Junior $55.00 $35.00 $20.00
Family $215.00 $135.00 $75.00

Absolutely ridiculous decision this double header. Rooster v Manly alone would attract 35000. NRL are a joke with no idea.

Changed my mind. Originally wanted Manly to have a narrow defeat today against Penrith fielding a depleted team, giving us an extra day off and still gun shy with all the preferential treatment Souths get against us.

But, better off not having a negative mindset today and keeping the momentum going. Rabbit stew on the menu this Friday!!!!

silvertail said:
Changed my mind. Originally wanted Manly to have a narrow defeat today against Penrith fielding a depleted team, giving us an extra day off and still gun shy with all the preferential treatment Souths get against us.

But, better off not having a negative mindset today and keeping the momentum going. Rabbit stew on the menu this Friday!!!!

And to be fair, Kitey deserves better than that in his last game at Brooky. He has been, in my opinion, one of our best forwards over the last two decades.

manlyfan76 said:
The NRL prove once again that they are actually the NO REAL LEADERSHIP. Hey Smith here is an idea, why not select the fixtures for the last rounds say at the completion of round 22 when the top four should be pretty much decided then pick those teams (as best as possible) to play their matches on the Thurs, Fri, Sat of round 26. then they can play on the Fri Sat the next week with most likely a full week rest. a minor inconvenience to the top four clubs with scheduling but they wont care because they are being looked after for the first week of the finals. At worst one team would play on the sat and then the friday but maybe they could go friday to friday or thursday to even Sat FFS. You are guaranteed that 9 get there big Friday night and Fox can have a team playing for the 8 on sat/sun.
Its time to get proactive.

Manly might have asked for the Sunday afternoon game as it was Kite and Joe Gs final appearance at the hallowed ground, Brookvale Oval. (Great to see Warringah Council haven't given in to the pressure and given it some dinky name like remonis or all phones arena etc.)

TokyoEagle said:
(Great to see Warringah Council haven't given in to the pressure and given it some dinky name like remonis or all phones arena etc.)
The URM Recycled Rubbish Stadium...

Melbourne MUST lose to Souths week 1.
If they win and have a home prelim, they'd almost be certainties for another GF appearance.
It's very hard to say but, go Souffs!!!

We would have to play them in Melb. if we lost in round 1 then win the next game.

Don't forget, they haven't beaten us this year.

Clint said:
If they win and have a home prelim, they'd almost be certainties for another GF appearance.
If Melbourne win they won't play their gf qualifier in Melbourne if it's against Chooks. Pretty sure the home ground advantage for the top teams remains for the whole finals series, and Chooks finished above them. (?)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Clint said:
If Melbourne win they won't play their gf qualifier in Melbourne if it's against Chooks. Pretty sure the home ground advantage for the top teams remains for the whole finals series, and Chooks finished above them. (?)

Definitely the winning teams this week get a home game in week 3.

Brookie Brawler said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Clint said:

Definitely the winning teams this week get a home game in week 3.

Correct. This is my understanding too. Top 4 winners from this week get a home prelim irrespective of who they are playing. (unless of course if the eagles win then they'll get to play at souffs/rooters home ground) :mad:

NRL 2013 Finals Week 1 (odds @ 12Sep):

Friday, September 13: Stadium Australia, Homebush
7:45pm – South Sydney Rabbitohs (2) $1.85 v Melbourne Storm (3) $2.00: Qualifying Final

Saturday, September 14: Sydney Football Stadium, Moore Park
4:00pm – Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (5) $1.70 v North Queensland Cowboys (8) $2.20: Elimination Final
7:00pm – Sydney Roosters (1) $1.80 v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (4) $2.05: Qualifying Final

Sunday, September 15: Stadium Australia, Homebush
4:00pm – Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (6) $1.55 v Newcastle Knights (7) $2.50: Elimination Final

---

Sea Eagles Team List v Roosters:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Jamie Lyon (c)
4. Steve Matai
5. David Williams
6. Kieran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Brenton Lawrence
9. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange
14. Richie Fa’aoso
15. Tom Symonds
16. David Gower
17. George Rose
18. James Hasson

---

That’s an outstanding team right there – if Manly are on their game any opponent will find it very tough to hold & “keep pace” with them.
Snake (Brett Stewart) has rarely been 100% for the last couple of years, hopefully he’s as fit as he has been for ages and plays well.
Then if Lawrence, Horo & Fa’aoso all put in good, mistake-free efforts with great defence, we know Gifty (Glen Stewart) will continue to chime in well, with solid defense across the park and throughout the match the rest will fall into place for victory.

The Sat fixture this weekend is preferable to the Fri one for mine (extra day prep., superior sports ground & precinct, more fans likely to go) – will be heading down myself taking a couple of family members, lookin’ forward to it!

Whilst I’d love to see all Wk1 Finals games being played @ the higher-ranked team’s home ground even it is a smaller suburban ground, that’s not gonna happen again anytime soon, so as it is it’s GREAT to see all Wk1 Finals games played in Sydney. Let’s hope all remaining Finals games are also in Sydney!

Wk1 Finals tips:
Game 1: Want: Rabbitohs, Smart Tip: Storm
Game 2: Want: Sharks, Smart Tip: Sharks
Game 3: Want: Sea Eagles, Smart Tip: Either
Game 4: Want: Knights, Smart Tip: Bulldogs

…Go Manly!

MWSE2011PremiersLogo5.jpg

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader