Finals Week 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Given that second is now impossible, and assuming the top 4 remain as is, is there much difference to finish 3rd or 4th , and if not would we consider resting a few over the next two weeks?

I do realise there will be a thought that end should try and beat a top 4 side to gain confidence BUT if we have injuries I'd rather have a fit Snake and a fit Kitey for the finals than play them injured!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Given that second is now impossible, and assuming the top 4 remain as is, is there much difference to finish 3rd or 4th , and if not would we consider resting a few over the next two weeks?

I do realise there will be a thought that end should try and beat a top 4 side to gain confidence BUT if we have injuries I'd rather have a fit Snake and a fit Kitey for the finals than play them injured!!

In Tooves we trust.
and Donny

After Roosters beat Sharks tomorrow & then Souths beat Wests on Friday night they will both be on 40 points which is 5 ahead of Storm & no chance of getting in the top 2 with a home semi.

If there is an upset in one of those, especially if Souths lose, then Storm will be desperate to beat Manly on Saturday. Souths play Roosters in final round, so only one of them can get 2 points.

Definitely souffs. But the way it is looking we are playing the chooks.

Chooks will be hard to beat, but i think we can beat them.

stewartbrett(female supporter) said:
davohan123 said:
Simple question

Who do you want to play week 1 of the finals?

Souths or Roosters- Assuming we finish top 4 which I think is highly likely.

Souths for me- want another crack at them.

Wouldn't the penalty count go in the Rabbitoh's favour again?

I'm undecided about this question.

After the display from the men in pink over the last to weeks I suspect it doesnt matter who we play, we will lose the penalty count.

mickqld said:
MissKate said:
Brissie Kid said:
If Manly gets a Week 2 home semi final we should play it at the SCG.

Def not, rubbish ground to watch league

No we should play it at the 30000 seat Brookvale stadium.......in 2035

I hope the disabled seats are comfy Mick, my backs rooted now...another 22 years...geez!!:s:p

Mark from Brisbane said:

The difference is in the second week, all wins going to the higher side.

At the moment we'd face the Dogs (5th) in week two, but finishing 3rd makes it more likely to be the Sharks (6th).

I would consider a run against the Roosters in the first week as our most desirable outcome and let Melbourne get one over the Bunnies and shatter their confidence.

Prefer to play Easts over Souths.

Easts this year IMO are a better and stronger team than Souths HOWEVER I really do believe Souths are the "protected species" and are untouchable (as we saw last week).

Got a good mate who is a die hard Easts supporter and they do receive iffy calls as we do (and he quite likes Manly which helps the friendship).
Easts for me.:)

Doesn't matter if we win or lose against Storm next week, we'll finish 4th and play the Roosters. Storm will beat Souffs week 1. If we lose week 1 we play Canterbury week 2. The winner will get to play the Storm in Melbourne for a GF spot. We really need to win against the Chooks week 1 otherwise it'll be a tough run to win it.

This years final run will likely be similar to last year if we continue our form against the top 4 sides.. Finish 4th so, Wk 1 Roosters, Wk 2 Bulldogs Wk 3 Storm. How much fire do we have from the GF qualifier loss to the Storm last year? I'd love nothing more than beating those cheating wrestling bastards down there to get into the big one!!

Manly haven't fully secured a Top 4 spot yet.

If Sharks win all 3 games including tonight vs Roosters, while Manly lose to Storm & Panthers, then Manly slip to 5th.

Sharks play Roosters (home), Cows (home) & Raiders (away).

Souths I feel will beat Roosters in last round and so will finish 1st. So we'll finish 4th and play Souths first up. Which means Sharks probably week 2 if we lose (they'll finish 5th). So then Roosters/Storm week 3.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6