Finals series ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

which final series would you like to see in the NRL ?

• The current one (McIntrye)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The AFL system

• Other (Please speculate)

• Total voters

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
which final series would you like to see in the NRL ?
The current one (McIntrye)

The AFL system
which goes in the 1st week
1 v 4
2 v 3
5 v 8
6 v 7

or other
the old top 5 which I liked but not enough games for tv

I was thinking of a system where the season goes for 22 weeks & then we have the top 8 play each other again once (maybe seeded) in a new ladder comp & the top 2 play in the GF so the season will still go for 30 weeks

do you have an idea for a final series ?

The AFL system seems better.
I don;t think the McIntyre system truly rewards the minor premiers (not that I'm concerned because it is Illawarra-George).
If the NRL was fair dinkum and not driven by TV, there would only be a top three:
2V3 with the winner playing the minor premiers. That way you don;t have teams (such as us this year) losing as many games as we win and still qualifying for the finals.

I don't see why Manly can't be automatic for the top 4 each year and all the others play off for the remaining spots.

Nice 1 SeaEagleRock8!!

I think i prefer the AFL system.
But BE, I really like your idea- Would definitely be entertaining...

Take it back to top 5.
It's not right that half the teams make it through to a finals series just so the NRL can pocket more of our cash.

I'm actually a fan of the McIntyre system, I just think there needs to be more emphasis on winning the minor premiership (name chance should be in order).

I am one for bringing back the old Top 5.

It better reflects the quality of the top teams to make the final five rather than the final eight as is now which basically means each team has a 50% chance of making the finals.

If it is a top 5 scenario then the teams have to work that little bit harder to make the finals and they can't rest on their laurels.  Makes for a more competitive competition.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4