Finals favourites

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Favourite Final Final

• Total voters

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As our finals campaign is over for this year ( I know not mathematically but we are gone trust me) I want to reflect on the past 10 years.

This will be the 1st September in 10 years I won't have a 1st grade final game to go to, going to miss it become part of my year. I really do hope we get back soon playing finals footy.

So excluding grand finals I want to see and look back at people's favourite final they have attended over the last 10 years.

I have only listed a few in the poll plus other.. The poll would be too big otherwise.

For me it will always be the 2013 preliminary final against the rabbits probably the most sweetest win ever been at live and to be in the members stand surrounded by Souths fans pure Gold!!

The other final for me was the 2011 week one finals game at the SFS against the Cowboys.. To have the Cowboys leading 8-0 then for us to come back in the second half like we did again pure Gold.

If we do miss the finals this year, what a ride the last ten years have been and how blessed have we been to be able to witness it!!

Last edited:
Souths game by a mile, I was in Melbourne with my Souths loving son in law, we went down to the local pub to watch the game .

Steak, beers , and lots of fist pumping from him in the first half.

In the second half he walked out on me, went home and refused to talk to me for two days.

That fellow Silvertailers is WINNING!!

I'll never ever forget it!

Yer there has been heaps ,hard to go past the souths come from behind hammering in 13 but for me it was the ruthless get out of my way 08 semies against warriors And dragons I think on the way to that -40 degree day in Melbourne . With the grand final included I think we scored around 100 points and 10 against us in those 3 games . Absolutely ruthless display of rugby league . Get out of our way we are manly. Lol. Brilliant memories.

Mine was the 13 smashing of the Rabbits for a couple of reasons:

1) It destroyed the rabbits dream for another year....who can't love that?
2) I didn't expect us to win. If you look at 08 we were just on fire through the semi final series (which was awesome!) and in 11 there was almost a sense of it being ours to lose. In 13 we just limped through the semis. That first up 4-0 loss to the Roosters, and then a brutal game against the Sharks...very few were giving us a chance against the Rabbits. Add to that being down 14 nil after about 15mins and it wasn't looking great.......

One of my best memories ever was the looks on the faces of Sutton, Burgess and Inglis.....they just had this 'WTF???' look written allover their faces. They were absolutely stunned.

2013 against the vermin was sweet as it was a come from behind victory and justice for a game 6 weeks earlier where we were done like a kipper by bloody Shayne Pain who denied us a win.

Yep, as most have stated, '13 prelim finals.
My parra mate (who's a bit of a punter) said to me after the 1st finals game against the Roosters, that 'THAT' will be the grandfinal.

During the ensuing weeks I was so confident (he was always on the money) I was wearing my Manly tank top around Maroubra and Surry Hills, and getting hassled out drastically. Even a cafe owner almost didn't serve me because of it. Loved it!

Just like in 2008 and 2011, Manly will not lose a finals match this year.

Thank fark for that. As good as the side has been from 2006 onwards, they had a nasty habit of getting smashed out of the finals in years when they didn't make it to the grand final.

The 2011 grand final qualifier against the Broncos ranks as my favourite final that I've attended. The game was pretty much over at half-time after we turned in a perfect performance during the 1st half. It was made sweeter by the fact that it was our 1st finals win against the Donkeys in 4 attempts and the 1st grand final qualifier between the 2 sides.

We were 1st into the grand final that weekend and it made watching the Storm-Warriors game all the more enjoyable knowing that we had already made it.

Yeah that finals against Souths for 3 reasons:
  1. We beat souffs
  2. We knocked the pride of the league out of the finals when the NRL so desperately wanted it to be a Chooks v Wabbits final
  3. We have a strong Manly v Souffs rivarly in my family, and souffs had beaten us all year only to fall at the most important game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6