FInals Dates - Who plays Who

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Somatik

MONKEES
Silvertails - riddle me this

Does anybody know what days the first round of finals are on?

Cant seem to find it anywhere online.

1 v 4 on what night - 2 v 3 on what day ???

Looking like we finish 4th and smack BullDesg for a week off....

Do tell

2830 Eagle said:
1 v 4 is friday night
2 V 3 is Sunday
5, 6, 7, 8 is saturday

This is what they were saying in the ST today, but the AFL results could change this, as well as results this week/next week in the NRL.

For example, if Sydney get a home game by coming first or second in the AFL, and Melbourne lose this week and next week, there is a high likelihood that there will be 3 games on at ANZ Stadium, with another game at SFS for the Sharks.

If they were smart in this case, I would play it the following:

- Swans game at ANZ, and Sharks game (which would currently be the 2nd game on Saturday night) at SFS on the Friday night.

- Bulldogs game on the Saturday night

- Souths game on the Sunday afternoon.

If they were to put the Swans on in the middle of this, that would be stupid and logistically a nightmare.

See why they haven't announced it yet?

The alternative result is that no AFL is played in Sydney (Sydney come 3rd) and the only other game in Sydney is the Bulldogs game which would be played on the Friday night at ANZ (Canberra go over the top of the Sharks to get 6th).

So, no idea until Sunday unfortunately.

My understanding was that since most Sydney clubs can no longer have a home semi, if Canterbury played Manly then that game should be at the SFS (if possible) as the dogs should not get a home game.

I know they have to take other scheduling into account along with potential crowd sizes but if everything else is clear the dogs should not get to play at their home ground if Manly can't play at Brookie (if positions reversed).

Bradza said:
My understanding was that since most Sydney clubs can no longer have a home semi, if Canterbury played Manly then that game should be at the SFS (if possible) as the dogs should not get a home game.

I know they have to take other scheduling into account along with potential crowd sizes but if everything else is clear the dogs should not get to play at their home ground if Manly can't play at Brookie (if positions reversed).

I'd have thought ANZ would be the pick - it's as much a home ground advantage to Manly as it is to the Dogs. That's been one benefit of taking games around the place - we seem to be at home at SFS, ANZ, Blue Tongue or Perth.

I don't raise this because I'm uncomfortable about Manly's chances at ANZ, I just want the Dogs to be less comfortable. In addition, it's fairer for all Sydney clubs then.

Bradza said:
I don't raise this because I'm uncomfortable about Manly's chances at ANZ, I just want the Dogs to be less comfortable. In addition, it's fairer for all Sydney clubs then.

Fair enough. But don't you think we've got every reason to be just as comforatble playing there? We've had a lot of success there

Dogs run first then they play at ANZ in week 1.The only Sydney teams that dont get actual home ground advantage are those without adeqauate stadiums like ourselves,cronulla etc.Souths will also be playing at anz in the second week even if they lose in week 1.The top 4 sides maintain the advantage in week 2 regardless of results.

susan said:
The only Sydney teams that don't get actual home ground advantage are those without adeqauate stadiums like ourselves,cronulla etc.

So you're saying Parramatta stadium is inadequate!? It's not just about the quality it is also about the capacity. In that case, no Sydney team should get to play at their home ground unless there is no sensible alternative. SFS is a sensible alternative for a Dogs v Manly semi.

And no, I don't really care where we play and think we can win anywhere, including Melb. This is about an equitable application of a ruling.

I would prefer us to play the Dogs at the SFS on the Saturday. Won't happen though.
Friday night at ANZ will be a nightmare to get to.
Anyway we need to focus our collective will power on Manly beating the Titans this Saturday.

Has anyone considered that the Dogs might not be minor Premiers ? If Melbourne beat Cronulla tonight and then The Tigers next week, Bulldogs have to beat The Roosters. From what I saw yesterday that might not be that easy.

Still do not understand why the NRL deem AAMI too small for a Final :huh:

http://www.nrl.com/NRLHQ/ReferenceCentre/FinalsSystemExplained/tabid/10635/Default.aspx
Victoria:
Melbourne: Etihad Stadium, MCG

Has AAMI ever been sold out?
Watching at an AFL ground is even worse than ANZ :mad:

So this fromn the NRL site

Week One: Qualifying Finals & Elimination Finals
The highest qualifying teams after 26 Rounds will host each match at their normal home venue, with exception to any Sydney based NRL club which will play their 'home game' at either the SFS or ANZ Stadium.

* Home venues subject to NRL approval as suitable to host a Final

That does not say to me that the Bulldogs are guareteed to play at the Olympic Stadium. I am with Brazda on this. The game shoudl be played at the most neutral venue applicable and that surely is the SFS.

As if a ground like ANZ actually brings home ground advantage. We've won two finals there recently - im sure we like it.

We've done pretty well at ANZ lately. People just need to get off their arses and get out there to support the boys. I know it's a long way from the Spit Bridge but your heads won't explode

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4