Fiji team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
With the International Rugby Board set to expel Fiji from the next World Cup and thus deny all their talent the opportunity to play on the world stage, I guess it's beyond the thinking of Gallop and the NRL heirarchy to take the opportunity to suggest that the Fiji Government get behind a Fiji based NRL team.  Great opportunity to spread the Greatest Game.

I doubt they'd do that DSM for the same reasons as the IRB are kicking them out. They see the current government as being undemocratic.

But gee there are some exciting Fijian Rugby players, they are very good in the shortened version of the game (Sevens).....I think they'd do well in the backs but suffer the same fate as PNG with some pretty poor forwards in the full 13 a side game.

Perhaps the Sea Eagles could raid their ranks for some cheap talent?

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I doubt they'd do that DSM for the same reasons as the IRB are kicking them out. They see the current government as being undemocratic.

But gee there are some exciting Fijian Rugby players, they are very good in the shortened version of the game (Sevens).....I think they'd do well in the backs but suffer the same fate as PNG with some pretty poor forwards in the full 13 a side game.

Perhaps the Sea Eagles could raid their ranks for some cheap talent?

If the main priority for an expansion team is to help getting into markets that will help with the next TV rights than I can't see FIJI being high on the list of possibilities.  Agree its a good place to look for talent, however, most of the good ones get taken from there by cashed up Rugby clubs in Europe or go play in NZ.

Didn't someone post a couple of months ago that we had signed some 6 foot 5 inch fijian who had scored 5 tries ten times?

Or was someone dreaming?

I thought there would be some pretty handy forwards from that region.  I thought Civonoceva was Fijian and he's pretty good.  They could call it Pacific Islands/Fiji.  That would attract some handy talent.  And the anti-democratic stuff could be countered by making the pitch look like where trying to entice them back to democracy through the League.  Anyway, anywhere would be better than the Central Coast.     

Jarryd Hayne can run out for them again, and Lote could be skipper. The great white hope Aaron Groome was another one who qualifies. If we can get Noa Nadruka out of retirement then the Naqaimi brothers will have someone to get on the cans with post game. Not sure who's going to help 70c/litre up front though. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2