Fifita article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have suffered depression several times in my life. I never knew i had anxiety issues until last year, was so good to get the diagnosis and i have been able to improve so much since being diagnosed.
I dont care what you call it and what your definition of an illness is, stop playing semantics and be grateful that the person in the article is shinning a light for those who are depressed or have other mental illness and portraying that its ok to get help, more than 1/4 will suffer from a mental illness in their lifemand as a society we need to be open about dealing with it and keep it in a positive light.
If you dont have anything good to say about it then simply SHUT THE :swear: UP.

No point replying really with the type of responses my view generates.

I've listed my reasons backed it up with thoughts(not just shallow troll like responses) while at the same time not pointing the finger at people and saying "grow up or shut the :swear: up"

Serotonin levels have been overly hyped as a reason for a depressed state the mind is more complex than that.(several links and studies online if one wants to open their minds)

There is brainwashed depression and then there is chronically depressed people due to a defective brain or permanent brain injury due to physical trauma.

We are not debating whether drugs can alter mood---we know this is fact but how many diagnosed cases of "Depression" are genuinely as a result of a brain defect or physical trauma that will show signs of improvement with drug use.(Probably less than 5% in my opinion)

Read below for one of many examples found online.

Other research confirms it’s not as simple as a serotonin deficit. As Whitaker (2010) noted, the 1976 Asbert study is still relevant. Asbert looked at levels of a metabolized result of serotonin (something called 5-HIAA) in spinal fluid. If low-levels of serotonin cause depression, then all people suffering from depression should have significantly lower levels of 5-HIAA in their spinal fluid than people without depression.

What Asbert found, however, wasn’t a clean result. In fact, it clearly shows how complicated depression as a disease process is. In both groups of people studied — both a depression group and a control group — about 50 percent had “regular” levels of 5-HIAA, about 25 percent had really low levels, and another 25 percent had really high levels.

If serotonin were really an important part of the picture in depression, we’d expect that group to look significantly different than the control group. In this study, at least, the two groups looked largely the same.

As we said back in 2007, serotonin may play some small, not-yet-well-understood role in depression. But if it does, it looks nothing like the simplistic “low levels of serotonin cause depression” hypothesis that was all the rage ten to twenty years ago.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4