Ferris gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If anyone suggests MKC or Hasson as a replacement for Ferris I'm gonna crawl through the internet and bitch slap them with a dead fish.
I'm gonna suggest it. Not 'cause I want it but just 'cause I'm looking forward to seeing you and the fish come through my internet.
Waiting ...

Terrible. Deserves better outcome than this. Another nail in this season. Someone out there has a working Manly Voodoo doll.

Jamie is easily our best forward so this is a huge blow. He and Jake have been the highlights of an inconsistent forward pack.

Leary is a decent replacement while Symonds and Horo can help cover his loss if they keep up with their form.

Tooves said its his 'other' cruciate. Bitter sweet end to our win. Really feel for Jamie, who's been one of our best in recent weeks.
Will hope for a miracle as we'll miss him big time and it won't be easy to replace his workrate! Now Leary should have a chance to shine.

Gutted absolutely gutted for Ferris, he worked so hard to get back, lets hope he can come back stronger. What a bitch of an injury. I have never known a season this bad for injuries.

Love Ferris, he's so tough.
Mateo should be back soon so I imagine Mateo, horo and Symonds at lock, with Lui, JSL, MCK and Leary pushing for a spot.
It's a shame, most of our injuries so far have been minor but now we've got two players gone for the season.

I was shocked when he came back as early as he did, even a full year can be too early sometimes. I was told by my surgeon after I did my ACL myself that the risk of re-tearing is very high under 2 years since it takes around a whole 2 years for the graft to get to its strongest form and all the surrounding muscles and proprioception to return to normal

Bad luck for Jamie. One of our most courageous. Heal well and defy the odds Jamie.

Hopefully he takes as much time as he needs to heal. As brilliant as he has been this year, we don't want him to have an early retirement due to constant serious injuries.

He's only young hopefully he will be right. Strange that he had done both knees after 5 years in first grade with few serious injuries previously.

I just don't get all the injuries.

Don't we have the same trainer...same facilities, etc?

Has the game changed in a way that is conducive to our style of play getting injuries?
I think a lot has to do with player size over the years, and the rise of the gang tackle / slowing the play the ball.
There are more, and bigger bodies in the tackle now, throw in the wrestle / twisting of the player in the tackle and alot of these knee / ankle injuries probably have a lot to do with weight / impact and unfortunate positioning.
Hopefully reducing interchange has an effect on these / and the pec injuries as it'll be slightly less about impact and more endurance.
Someone has big shoes to fill now, hopefully whoever does is up for the workload.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2