FEELING THE HEAT

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lovefooty

Reserve Grader
This was in the Hearald today.

Bob Reilly has had to douse some figurative flames in his time as a Manly director, but he had to contend with the real thing during the week.
Reilly was driving along Collaroy plateaue on Monday when he noticed one of the houses on fire. He pulled over the car, pulled elderly owner Warren Barrett out of the inferno and- with the help of a neighbour- put out the blaze before it spread from the garage to the house. All this happened while Barretts wife watched the scene unfold from her wheelchair out the back. By the time the firies arrived,they didnt even need to turn on their hose. "You dont think about it at the time, you just do it because it needs to be done." Reilly said. When I went into the building to get him out, the fire was running up the ceiling and up the walls all around us. It was a wisker off ending up a lot worse than it was and going to the main house". Reilly then organised tickets for Barrett to attend Saturday nights Manly match to lift his spirits.

There was a story in the Manly daily on saturday as well.
Bob was in for coffee 4 times during the week and never mentioned this.
Good work Bob.

Good job Bob, well done.

Serious question now, not trying to have a crack or start an axe griding session....but what was the upshot of his cheque cashing drama at the club and his subsequent banning ?? Never heard any more about it, did it just get swept under the carpet. Is he still banned from the Leagues club ?

Chip and Chase said:
Good job Bob, well done.

Serious question now, not trying to have a crack or start an axe griding session....but what was the upshot of his cheque cashing drama at the club and his subsequent banning ?? Never heard any more about it, did it just get swept under the carpet. Is he still banned from the Leagues club ?

At the a g m in Feb members voted down a motion to keep Reilly out.
Costello has resiend from the club after not getting his key changes though.
I am hearing Ian Thompson will be the new Chairman.

Chip and Chase said:
Cheers. So nothing illegal went on then ??

No. I was told he had permission. Ticked of by the club auditor and managers.

This has nothing to do with him pulling people out of buildings.

Lol nice feel good story. Surprised the tele didn't accuse Bob of starting it.
Say what you want about Bob not only is he a good bloke he's bloody resilient to cop some of the rubbish he has but still plug away and look after the best interests of footy club members.

lovefooty said:
Chip and Chase said:
Cheers. So nothing illegal went on then ??

No. I was told he had permission. Ticked of by the club auditor and managers.

This has nothing to do with him pulling people out of buildings.

I realise that, I wasn't trying to deflect from his good deed. I was just genuinely interested as to what happened with that issue as I hadn't heard any follow up reports.

Well done Bob! The right man in the right place, the owners were lucky they the main house was saved.

There's givers and takers in this world.

That was certainly not the act of a taker and says a lot about the man.

CAMBO said:
Surprised the tele didn't accuse Bob of starting it.

They didn't do that but they are still trying to figure out how Steve Matai should be suspended for it...

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6