Feel Good Story:Brent Kite

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Like I said a few weeks ago about how the Windsor Wolves signed Kitey up to coach the Wolves Ron Massey Cup team.Just want to add a bit more.The whole change he has made to the area already,is amazing. People are talking about wanting to go back to games next year over there. My mate has a lot to do with the club, he is also a Manly tragic, and he has had a few chats with Kitey already. He loves talking footy,and he still absolutely loves Manly,he still loves the club and talking about them.He wants to be build the team around how tight Manly used to be,the successful years,thats his strategy model. At their first training yesterday,they had 34 players,this time last year they only had 8. He went to every player individually and asked them all about themselves,where they live,their goals for the future, he got to know every player individually,he didn't stand around with his head down kicking the grass,he made every player feel welcome.You ask anybody at Windsor leagues Club that has met Brent Kite,and they will tell you, he is the nicest bloke you would ever meet, but we already know that dont we. He is trying to get Shane Rodney and Smokin Joe Galuvao involved as trainers and such. Cant wait till next Friday to go down to training and meet him myself.And like I said,he still absolutely loves the Eagles

We absolutely love Kitey too :h:

Both he and Matty Ballin show that Fan engagement need not be a chore :inlove:

Yep, on a freezing cold day in Leeds at the " Captains run", after everyone bar the MWTS had gone in for a warm shower who were the last two players to do so, and probably 30 minutes after the rest??

No prizes for the correct answer.

Just got an email from MWRLFC about the annual general meeting where Brent Kite's life membership to the club will be discussed. Such a deserving individual

"I am pleased to announce that during the meeting members will be asked to consider a recommendation from the Board of Directors as to the conferring of Life Membership upon Mr Brent Kite.

Brent is originally from Queanbeyan in NSW and played junior grades for the Canberra Raiders and represented Australia at schoolboy level before his debut in the NRL for the Dragons in 2002.

He played the majority of his NRL career with the Sea Eagles (From 2005 – 2013) during which he played 221 games for us including of course the 2008 Grand Final when he not only scored a try but also picked up the coveted Clive Churchill Man of the Match award.

Brent has represented Tonga (6 games) and Australia (14 games) as well as 2 games for NSW country and 10 games for the NSW Blues in State of Origin."

Matty Ballin and Brent Kite both deserve the honour :clap:

@vidmar , please consider :nod:

I think he will be considered HM, but the FC got " burnt" a little after awarding Watmough the same honour and then had him **** on the club from a great height so rightly so I'd suggest ( although don't know) they'd be treading lightly here.

Good choice. Kite deserves the recognition for the loyalty and effort he showed in his years at the club, something unfortunately that wasnt reciprocated by the club.

I think he will be considered HM, but the FC got " burnt" a little after awarding Watmough the same honour and then had him **** on the club from a great height so rightly so I'd suggest ( although don't know) they'd be treading lightly here.
Choc deserves the recognition for his contributions to the Manly cause.
It's a reflection on his own character that he chose to crap on Manly after he left.@:cool:

Matty's personality is completely different :angel:

Maybe the new rule is that a Life Member has to be retired @:cool:

Last edited:

Unlike Choc though, Kitey and Matty won't go mouthing off about things. They don't seem to relish their pictures in the paper or on the news for anything other than playing footy. Kitey never bagged Manly when he was let go to join Penrith and I doubt Matt Ballin will either.

Kite has my vote but absolutely no-one who is still playing should ever be considered. It's just asking for trouble.

Players get pretty good coin these days for playing. I'd like to see them continue to contribute to the club in some way after their careers are over before bestowing life membership on them.

And yes, the Watmough fiasco should at least have taught a few people a lesson. I am embarrassed that he has life membership of our club. Whatever he contributed to our club has been erased by his behaviour over the last 2 years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6