Feel good manly story for the oldies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Was luck enough to have a couple of beers at my local with les Hannigan last night
Among many topics and reminiscing about the past and present times he told the following story

It seems his Mrs plays tennis regularly and one day walking home a car stopped,wound down the window and asked direction to a near by street address

Les's wife looked in the car and said hello Fred , haven't seen you for a while but the street your looking for is just around the corner near my place

The Fred in question was Freddie jones who les's wife immediately recognised and determined that they would be now somewhat neighbours

I might add that I also live very close and did not know Fred was there

The ironic point is that bazza Barrett until his recent move was also only a handful of houses away also

Have asked les to organise to get hold of Fred and watch a game together at the local

PS les still looks like he could run the length of the field and score un touched
Not sure about Fred but will keep you posted and upload a picture of our get together if I can work out how
Youngsters might have to google but assure you both are manly legends and very proud Eagles

On the official NSWRL video of the 1972 and 1973 Grand Finals (the one released years ago on VHS), Zorba who presented the video called Jones the "Robert Redford of rugby league".

our u15 coach at balgowlah brought his mate fred to a training session one tuesday night and taught our hooker to use all means fair and mainly foul to win a scrum,we made the gf that year and pretty much never lost a scrum for the season
.lost the gf to christian bros tho.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8