1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Federal funding

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by SeaEagleRock8, Oct 22, 2010.

1. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    I heard on radio a couple of days ago that Julia Gillard had been asked by a journo whether Labor would honour election promises made by candidates who were unsuccessful in the election. She answered, 'yes'.

Wasn't there some bloke in the Manly area making some noise about funding for Brookie?

2. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,530 / 32
    I would'nt count on it. She's not likely to say their not going to honour them. Pre-election noise was probably all it was.

3. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    She may honor it, but only so she can make the point of 'providing' for Tony Abbots own electorate, I imagine it might be a big media event opening a new stand in Abbots own seat.

4. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Well the promise was by the local candidate to lobby Gillard.  So there was no funding promise. 

5. kurri eagle

kurri eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 1
  6. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,814 / 53
    Interesting angle Rusty, I never thought of it like that before.  There could be some political points in it for Goolia.  I don't think she'll do it, but I like the way you think!!

7. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    Interesting angle Rusty, I never thought of it like that before.  There could be some political points in it for Goolia.  I don't think she'll do it, but I like the way you think!!
    [/quote]

Yeah if I were to have an opportunity to sell the concept to her I think that is the way I would go.

8. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    Nothing for Brookie - why bother the Coucil will screw it up anyhow.