Favourite Seaeagles 1980 - NOW

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
TerryRandall said:
Terry Randall for me.
Narcissist. ;)

HappilyManly said:
Too many favourites, easy to list the ones I hated Trex,C Field and Lindsay Drake :cool:
What was wrong with Lindsay Drake? He was a young up-and-comer that we had to bring into a grand final team once due to injury? Rings a bell... I also think he was once chosen to play for NSW while in reserve grade?

He just showed up for the try, never got dirty in the lead up. He must have been irritating as its almost forty years ago and I still recall yelling 'Run you Idiot' :p

The other two in my hate list were the same :mad:

Jethro said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
Just remove the 70's names from my sig:
I notice that Toovey isn't on your "Hero List" :s
Did you forget him or is he just not one of your favourites?
aug08_022.gif
I'm looking to add three names on October 5 at around 7:15 pm.
You'll have to wait and see just who they are. :D

Just on Ronny Gibbs. I actually had the opportunity to play against him once. He'd finished at top level footy and was playing bush footy for Trangie. He'd been suspended for a few weeks I think, so in his first game back they started him from the bench, but in those days, you had to play at least half a game in reserves to sit on the bench for firsts. So, Rambo played half a game for reggies against us, Manildra. I was 17 playing my first season in open age. I was a skinny winger back then, when tap restart was usually a tap and run from the winger to setup the next play. We kicked for touch after a penalty and I ran up, tapped the ball, and ran straight at the defence. Rambo came flying out of the line and absolutely smashed me. I played the ball and moved back to the wing, thrilled to be on the end of a Rambo bell ringer. Next break in play, he came over, asked if I was OK. When I said yes, he ruffled my hair and pat me on the back. One of the best days of my life!

Graham Eadie was I think the first player I really liked. Eventhough he probably played better football elsewhere I also loved Kerry Boustead when he was with us, but I don't think there was a kid in the 80s even if you weren't a Manly supporter that didn't love Phil Blake. Cliffy, Des, Tooves, Fatty, Beaver, Choc, geez we've had some greats.

mosto said:
Just on Ronny Gibbs. I actually had the opportunity to play against him once. He'd finished at top level footy and was playing bush footy for Trangie. He'd been suspended for a few weeks I think, so in his first game back they started him from the bench, but in those days, you had to play at least half a game in reserves to sit on the bench for firsts. So, Rambo played half a game for reggies against us, Manildra. I was 17 playing my first season in open age. I was a skinny winger back then, when tap restart was usually a tap and run from the winger to setup the next play. We kicked for touch after a penalty and I ran up, tapped the ball, and ran straight at the defence. Rambo came flying out of the line and absolutely smashed me. I played the ball and moved back to the wing, thrilled to be on the end of a Rambo bell ringer. Next break in play, he came over, asked if I was OK. When I said yes, he ruffled my hair and pat me on the back. One of the best days of my life!

Good story @mosto. I bumped into Rambo at last years GF and had a good chat to him while he was waiting around before the game. Nice guy and still heavily involved in RL.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4