Favourite quote

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought it was the old "at least I'm the best cricketer in my family" comeback"

Another one I like which I think was attributed to Mark Waugh, was when he came to the crease to bat in a Shield game he took what the fielding side considered an inordinately long time taking guard and surveying the field. Some nuffy at slip piped up "hurry up it's not an 'effin test match you know" to which his quick reply was "of course it isn't, you're here"

Tony Greig, "The West Indian Players are very popular with the ladies"
Keith Stackpole, "yes Tony, they are out there rooting for them"

A couple of my favourite cricket ones...

Glen McGrath to the rather large Zimbabwean fast bowler Eddo Brandes:
"Eddo, how come you're so fat?"
Brandes reply:
"Because everytime I f*** you missus she gives me a biscuit!"

Some neville county cricketer to Viv Richards when he beat the edge a couple of times in a tour game:
"Hey Viv, it's red, it's round and about yay big!"
Viv hits the next one out of the ground and into a creek
His reply:
"You know what it looks like...you go find it!"

this one made me laugh so much I nearly fell off the lounge..

Tony Archer (?) to Foran... "go away .. I've had a gut full of you today .. (break of a few seconds) .. and you have only been here for 5 minutes" meaning Foran was a rookie and Archer had reffed for a long time. Just a funny thing in the heat of the match.

Darryl Cullinan came out to bat against Warnie, having been his total bunny in the series in Australia four years before.

Warnie: I have been waiting for you for four years Darryl.

Cullinan: By the looks of it you have spent most of the time eating!!!!!!

Steve and Mark Waugh came back and played a game for Bankstown. They both carved up, both hit tons. Dean Waugh came out to bat, edging **** everywhere, playing and missing. First slip pipes up, "Hey Dean, are you ****en adopted"?

Really enjoying the quotes everyone. Saw this one on FB, it isn't a sports quote but it reminds me of how the Sea Eagles stand for all that's good and true in rugby league.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
-Winston Churchill

""How can you beat Manly? They have the who's who of Rugby League in Australia and they have Mathew Ridge the who's who of New Zealand"" by an opposition coach in 1996.

"FIBROS CHEERING FOR SILVERTAILS "

[Daily Telegraph Headline 1 Oct 2008.]

Channel Nine's Ken Sutcliffe to former Wallabies captain Andrew Slack about the Rugby World Cup experience: ''This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and you've experienced it several times …''

Peter Moody, trainer of Black Caviar: ''You know what I'd love to do? I'd like to win the lotto, buy a 5 per cent share in a racehorse and drive the trainer mad by ringing up every night to see how it's going. I'd be doing that while lying on a beach in far north Queensland eating prawns and drinking beer. I'd have my fourth wife, a 21-year-old six-foot blonde stroking my overgrown stomach and I'd stay up there until I died from a massive heart attack with a cigarette in my mouth.''

Both from Peter Fitzsimons' column today - usually full of classics every week.

Don't look at that plugugly's column anymore since he put **** on brett stewart before anyone knew anything definite.

But my favourite footy quote is from Slammin' Sam Backo. He's being interviewed on radio after a win in canberra (2bl, so it was probably craig hamilton). The usual bla bla, 'yeah we played good.... did the simple things well, etc.'. Then the reporter says
'So Sam is it true you've just opened a business down here in Queenbeyan, a drive-in bottle shop?'
'Yeah.'
'Great thanks for your time Sam. Do you have anything you'd like to say to the Canberra fans?'
'Yeah. Come down and buy some piss off us!'

Cross my heart it's a true story.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4