Favourite Memories of this current Golden Generation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G'day all,Even though we lost the game the match against souths rd1 at brookie last year was as hard and tough a game as I've seen for a long time and Matai smashing the crap out of George Burgess off the kick off was as good a tackle as you'll see.
Seeing the panic in Mark Gasniers face anytime Stevie got near him was always good and as someone else has mentioned the hit on smith was just as good.
But overall being able to watch the pure football skills of the great Beaver with the trademark footwork and anticipation matched with his classic tackling technique was topped off with that try in the 2008 g.f.Personally it doesn't get any better.
cheers mike

lsz said:
On matai a pers favourite was when, at brookie in 2008, he absolutely belted cam smith.......kabang (as gus put it)

So many hits, so little time. My favourite was the shot he put on Glenn Hall in Townsville (was it last year ??) Absolute belter. You could almost see Hally get up look around for the truck that hit him, sees Skivvi and thinks to himself "what am I do taking hit ups on this edge, I of all people should know better"

One game that comes to mind was the game against the Warriors in Perth. wasn't our prettiest game by any means, but just the last gasp win with 2 chip kicks from memory was a grandstand finish.

There was a game towards the end of 2008 against Cronulla at Shark Park, were we just clicked and really dismantled them. Cronulla were on top of the table at that time with us, but we smashed them in defence and were crisp and clinical in attack. It really showed me that we had a bloody good side and would give it a big shake that year.

Another game that sticks in my mind was last years qualifying final against Easts at the SFS. The 4-0 result didn't go our way, but that was a brutal game, as tough as any I've seen, and I was proud that our guys stood up and showed what a hard bunch of mofos they were. Never gave up and showed they had the mental game to match any others.

Chip and Chase said:
There was a game towards the end of 2008 against Cronulla at Shark Park, were we just clicked and really dismantled them. Cronulla were on top of the table at that time with us, but we smashed them in defence and were crisp and clinical in attack. It really showed me that we had a bloody good side and would give it a big shake that year.

I remember that one. Our first half was about as faultless as you can get. After that game I said to some mates 'we can win it this year'. I remember Gift on fire and Josh Perry steam rolling over Kimmorley to score a try!

2008 preliminary final against the Warriors at the SFS. Sexiest footy I've ever seen. Brett Stewarts between the legs pass to Matai...

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/articles/2008/09/27/1222217591653.html

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4