1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite 2013 moment ?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Catch_20_2, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Catch_20_2

Catch_20_2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 2
    Time for your fav 2013 highlight. I was going to make this highlight and lowlight though after last night there won't be any need for that. If you would like to add a lowlight outside the GF please feel free - there are already plenty of posts on refs / Roosters / etc.

Highlight
    ===========================
    Has to be the semi final against Souths.
    To be written off during the week. Battered and bruised. The boys clearly hurting. Down 14-0 in quick time - the season started flashing before my eyes. Slowly we started pulling them back and in the second half when we started putting holes in their line you could sense something special was happening. Wolfy's dramatic try in the corner sealed it off and capped a massive comeback. What a game ... will never forget it as long as I live. Can you remember being prouder of the team than that moment.

Lowlight
    ===========================
    I'm going to have to give this to the board. I'm a complete outsider so I can only speak on what comes out in the press (which is dangerous I know). We need a united board to support the playing group on the field. I understand that not all the board issues relate directly to the players though we need to get this infighting sorted out .... and stop letting the press air our dirty laundry to the public. AVO's, bans from the leagues club, etc etc ... it's embarrassing.

This article is one example .... there may be other reasons for changing venue I'm not aware of, though seriously ... if this is true .... lift your game :

"THE Sea Eagles have celebrated their eight grand final victories in style at Manly Leagues Club. Sunday night will be a different story if the team wins because long-time director Bob Reilly is banned from the premises.
    Instead the players will return to the club for only 90 minutes to share the moment with fans. They will then move on to rival club Harbord Diggers for the main celebration."

2. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    The two big highlights from the team, smashing the drizzle on our patch, that sent a huge statement out to everyone and then knocking out the vermin, the way the press carried on, we deadset killed Bambi lol

3. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,695 / 27
    Highlight definitely beating Souths. That was superb.

Lowlight to me is some of the bagging players get when we lose.

4. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,078 / 26
    Beating Souffs was without doubt the highlight.

The lowlight..........losing to the Scumdogs in golden point. Hate the Scumdogs.

5. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
  6. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    Highlight definitely the Souths win, but that Melbourne thumping was not far behind.

7. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,713 / 257
    Very good reason why the Diggers was used V Leagues Club.

Diggers was prepared to put the night on at no cost ( in exchange for being a 2014 Sponsor)

Nothing untoward in this decision otherwise

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    I think the fact that the Leagues Club doesn't really have an appropriate function area either might have something to do with it as well.

With the Diggers renovation/development getting approved recently this might be a sign of things to come?

9. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,713 / 257
    Simply about money, no money out of the till at Diggers v hard cold cash at LC .

Nothing sinister in it ( and certainly nothing to do with Bob Reilly)

The team did go to the LC for a quick visit though so not all lost!!

10. Filz

Filz New Member

Wainuiomata
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Definately the souths preliminary game as the highlight, lowlight is im still pissed off at last night lol but enjoyed our year this year.

11. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    The 2 Storm games and both the Sharks and Rabbids semis. That 90 minute draw was awesome!
    How Manly stayed on their feet in the Sharks game I'll never know. The win, to contest yet another Premiership, is also inspiring.

Just watched the GF, so the first 58 Minutes are also part of my highlights package :angel:
    Manly were in it, against all odds, but then the tank emptied :(

But every Manly try and every Matai like tackle are treasured memories :heart:

12. manlyforever08

manlyforever08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Knocking Souffs out of the comp.

Parramatta 50-?? win at Brookvale Oval - just had knee surgery 6 days before and it was so good to get there and watch lots of tries :D

Manly/Dragons just because Dragons are my boyfriend's team and I won this year :D

13. simon_eagle

simon_eagle Well-Known Member

East Sydney
    Ratings:
    +315 / 7
    Spot on.

Two very different ends of the spectrum.

14. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,468 / 80
    Wolfmans try in the corner against souths - He stands up leans back & the body language just says it all.

How good was that!

15. Mr Buddy Weiser

Mr Buddy Weiser Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    At the moment it is snake last night yelling at the ref "what about the headbutt, what about the headbutt by that grub".

Maria is a dirty grub

16. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,468 / 80
    The low was not seeing Joe in a GF for his last match.

He deserved to play this one & was robbed by injury.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SEanth

SEanth New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Beating souffs highlight for me!

18. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    when so called "experts" and others said we were too old, too slow, ageing roster and we ended up in the grand final and should have won it if not for some dubious ref's calls.
    We certainly dented some of those experts' credentials and reputations in the process.

My humble advice to anyone who doubts the quality of this manly team is : "don't ever write off the mighty eagles".

• Like Like x 1
  19. Aetna

Aetna Active Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Highlight was the Prelim Final win over Souths & also the failure of T-Tex at the Bulldogs.
    Lowlight was the NRL ref's momentum changing decisions & mistakes made by Video Ref's eg: Matai no try v Souths.

20. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    3. The postmatch "Investigation" 2V Presser.

2. Defeating Souths in the Semi

1. When Snake passed the ball to Foran in the in-goal so that Foz would not have to do the naked run. Very Funny.