Faumuina

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Got 7 weeks for his tackle on Priddis.

The question has to be raised though, if we have the technology to see whether a pinky finger slips off the ball during grounding and if a player is a toe nail in front of a kick chase... how can it fail when needed the most.

How can a bloke get 7 weeks on the sidelines for a sickening tackle but stay on the bloody field.

My point about the technology is even if the ref missed it and didn't see the entire tackle, surly the video ref has seen it and can make a tip. I don't care what the rules say, have a sneaky whisper in the refs ear off the record. At least the correct call will be made. Perhaps he was just judging it by the new diving rules... because it was obvious that Priddis was milking it for all its worth. :roll:

I'm worried that one of the modern day incompetents is going to **** a grand final with a dud call.

Big Diff IMO, Priddis was bolt upright and a steady target while who ever Ryan was tackling was buckling over at a rapid rate of knots,

having said that i think Ryan should have at least got a 1 week careless suspension if the judiciary was consistant.

The video ref can whisper in the ref's ear when it has got to do with foul play.

I think the only thing that saved Faumuina is that it came up off the ball, and in the few moments afterwards there may of been some doubt of intention. But of course, after viewing the incident 100 times after the fact we now know that it was a thug act and should of been sent.

His arm bounced up off the ball for mine.

Is there a difference when there is contact to the head caused by:

a. a falling player
b. an arm bouncing off an inflated object?

His arm came of the ball on anyones veiwing and Priddis is a wanker who, incidently, is a thug in real life. Give both of them 7 weeks for all I care.

His arm bounced up off the ball for mine.

Is there a difference when there is contact to the head caused by:

a. a falling player
b. an arm bouncing off an inflated object?

My thoughts exactly. Both equally careless / reckless swinging arms. How Ryan escaped suspension and Sione gets 7 weeks is beyond me.

If they want to stamp out head high tackles then they have to punish swinging arms that go wrong. A falling player should not be a defence against a swinging arm that contacts the head, nor should a deflection off a shoulder/ball etc. A swinging arm is a reckless tackling method and exponents of it that are prepared to accept the risk should then be punished when it goes wrong, irrespective of reason.

Why are swinging arms employed ?? If you want a tackle to sting then use the shoulder.

[quote author=Duff]
[quote author=Matabele]
Ryan is a Bulldog and white.

Faumuina is from north of the border and black.

Case closed.

Wanker
[/quote]

Ostrich

[/quote]

Seriously, there is no way that has anything to do with it.
You make yourself sound like a Parra fan whinging that "the bluddy refs allwys give bluddy Maaaaanly all the desishunss".

Conspiracy theorys don't stack up if you take a larger view.

Except Grasshopper. But that's different, he openly admitted to cheating.

I didnt want Faumuina at Manly when he was on offer. He has played strongly all year but this incident just examples why we are better off with out his services. Good call Jatz.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4