Fatty at sportsmans lunch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Attended the sportsmans lunch at Burliegh yesterday with Fatty as guest host.

I didnt hear him on the footy show but when questioned re the fiasco last Friday he made it clear when questioned by the anti manly punters(what a shock) he wasnt overly concerned about the biff itself,but more the stupidity of both sides getting involved in R25 and losing key players.He had a huge wrap on Glen and doubts we can win without him.He also gave a big wrap to Manly's spirit and said they would not lie down.Gave particular wrap to Smokin Joe and Rodney and siad he watches Manly train now and again and is extremely impressed with their intensity which he reckons we wont lose.To be honest he had some pretty good points and still has a genuine feeling for the club IMO but doubts we can win after losing players and momentum.

Not sure why he would bag us so bad on footy show but probably because it is so bad now they need the controversy.Still disappointing he did so given his real feelings on the matter were mainly to do with discipline,not the brawl/violence itself.

someone just giving his point of view, so what, everyone is entitled to it. I don't know why people get so worked up about it. At least we are in the media.

Forget about ranting on Fatty and other media commentators. I just watched The Right Odds on TVN and the most disgusting rant on the whole incident by Richard Callender. Not sure if anyone else watched it, but I won't be watching the show ever again. He went off his nut, with the most over the top garbage I've heard.

agreed.just a shame that sometimes their real points of view are dictated by their employer.he made a lot of sense yesterday.

In 2008 after South beat us he said Manly couldnt run a choko vine over a ****house roof and were the lay of the year.Enough said.

I agree with Darren.People like Kent,Callender,Kennedy etc have well known views on Manly.To be honest who cares and the only surprise is people seem so shocked and appalled.I'me sure the team itself couldnt give a toss.They will be trying to find a way to overcome the injuuries,suspension,discipline problems and win games.

susan said:
agreed.just a shame that sometimes their real points of view are dictated by their employer.he made a lot of sense yesterday.
your integrity v the cash?...the puppet strings at Nine must have a fair bit of recoil in them I think.
How was Belcher,susan? Strikes me as a bloke that you could have a good yarn with.

by "he" i man Callender.

Did have a chat with him for a couple of minues one on one as we had an ex footballer mate of his on our table.One interesting point he made is that he is always having disagreements with his producer about showing Bellamy/Des etc swearing and carrying on in the box.Belcher said he is a rugby union guy and purposely shows it to reflect badly on the game.He said they have had some serious arguments on the issue.I agree with him-it does not need to be shown over and over.It is an emotive game and contributes nothing to the coverage.Much the same as the fights really,looks bad but they keep playing it.

Asked him about Gallop and he says he is not a bad bloke and is very tightly controlled by the Board re his views.Had a real wrap on the Eagles side but said they are doing themselves no favours with the Gallop/Stewart stuff.Said it was an argument you cant win and everyone needs to move on.Did say he was a huge fan of Brett as a bloke.

He reckons anyone can win it but did say DCE would miss Glen big time and Manly's injuries /suspensions probably mean they just miss.Was a big fan of the team as a whole though when at full strength.

Seemed a nice bloke.

Yes Volley,as much as i liked his views at the lunch as they were thoughtful and measured,I cant believe he went so far the other way on the footy show based on what I heard(didnt watch it myself).

Ive had a bit to do with him over a game or 2 of golf up here as he lives here now and he is a bit of a weird cat.Pretty good company when he is not "performing" but he is a bit more serious than you would expect.

Guys its political. If he came out and said he loved it.. he would get trashed.. or could lose ratings yada yada.

Susan , you hit it right on the head. Des would be feeding this stuff to the boys and priming them up. Probably laughingtheir heads off.

susan said:

In 2008 after South beat us he said Manly couldnt run a choko vine over a ****house roof and were the lay of the year.Enough said.

I agree with Darren.People like Kent,Callender,Kennedy etc have well known views on Manly.To be honest who cares and the only surprise is people seem so shocked and appalled.I'me sure the team itself couldnt give a toss.They will be trying to find a way to overcome the injuuries,suspension,discipline problems and win games.

Manly legend Rex Mossop's real point of view was never dictated by his employers. Sexy Sea Eagle Sussan
( i hope i dont get suspended from this site for calling you sexy , lol)

I read all the stuff on here before I watched the footy show, so tbh was expecting a lot lot worse than what was actually said. I didn't think it was as bad as was being made out on here

Masked Eagle said:
Forget about ranting on Fatty and other media commentators. I just watched The Right Odds on TVN and the most disgusting rant on the whole incident by Richard Callender. Not sure if anyone else watched it, but I won't be watching the show ever again. He went off his nut, with the most over the top garbage I've heard.

Don't think I'd put too much stock into Richie's NRL comments.He's not a sports journo,he's a racing journo!He should stick to getting us out of trouble in the last at Warwick Farm,or wherever,and leave the footy to footy commentators.In saying that,he's entitled to his personal opinion,but should keep it as that.

I have no trouble with different commentators giving their rap on current happenings. It's when the same ppl give the same slant on each view of the same team.

Unfortunately, Gandma or the lady in the grocery shop takes their point as ver batum and gives it back eg Manly's lost all their players for the rest of the year for fighting.

It's the nufties you gotta listen to and they're everywhere!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4