Farrar to Catalans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yuppers.

OUT
Lama Tasi (Roosters)
Ben Farrar (France / UK)
Trent Hodkinson (Bulldogs)
Josh Perry (UK)

SUSPENDED
Steve Matai (Round 5 return)
Jason King (Round one return - can play in trials)
Glenn Stewart (Round one return - cannot play in trials)

UNSIGNED
Steve Matai (Has apparently agreed to terms - 2 years)
Keiran Foran (Has apparently agreed to terms - 3 years)
Terrence Seu Seu

NEW SIGNINGS
Daniel Harrison (Bulldogs)

RE-SIGNED
Jamie Lyon (3 years)
Glenn Stewart (3 years)
Anthony Watmough (3 years)
Daly Cherry-Evans (3 years)

UNKNOWN
Brett Stewart (Knees & other)
Shane Rodney (Estimated return, round 6-7)

LIKELY RETURN
David Williams (Round one)

Surely the club must have some signings happening for next year. 

Craig Stapleton perhaps?  Yileen Gordon?  Ben ross?

My full strength 2011 team:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. William Hopoate
15. George Rose
16. Joe Galuvao
17. Tony Williams

The salary cap is a great stain on our game. It is a myth to say that it spreads talent to other NRL clubs.

What's the point of a cap if all it does is lead to first class players like Ben leaving the NRL at the age of 23?

And this week Manly have to play a semi final with an inexperienced team, all because we are not allowed to keep any depth in playing talent that a reserve grade used to deliver.

It's wrong, and it is killing our great game.

Farrar on move September 9, 2010.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-match-preview/farrar-on-move-20100908-151fq.html

Manly are set to lose Ben Farrar next year, with the outside back expected to join French club Catalans Dragons this week.

The 23-year-old is one of a list of Sea Eagles with fitness concerns for Sunday's qualifying final against St George Illawarra. If he shakes off a shoulder problem he will line up at centre, with Will Hopoate at fullback. Catalans are close to confirming his signing on a one-year contract.

Farrar's best friend, Knights halfback Scott Dureau, has also signed with the club. Roosters assistant Trent Robinson will take over the top job at the French Super League outfit next month and yesterday confirmed the club's signing of Rooster Lopini Paea.

Unfortunately Dresden, Ben Farrar is not a 'first class quality' player.  He was swapped to fill a spot and has done quite well.  His tackle stats are ordinary.  Adequate is what I'd call him.  We have a number of players in the wings/injured that can replace him and do a superior job.  Good to see him get a gig in ESL. 

DSM5 link said:
Unfortunately Dresden, Ben Farrar is not a 'first class quality' player.  He was swapped to fill a spot and has done quite well.  His tackle stats are ordinary.  Adequate is what I'd call him.  We have a number of players in the wings/injured that can replace him and do a superior job.  Good to see him get a gig in ESL. 

All people do is bag everyone. Farrar has been the fullback all year. Were those players in the wings / injured all year? If they could do a superior job why didn't they?
We need to thank Ben Farrar not bag him in any way.

Ryan link said:
My full strength 2011 team:-

01. Brett Stewart - comeback has big questions marks on it
02. Michael Robertson - aging and has lost a couple of yards in pace
03. Steve Matai - will spend more time suspended than playing
04. Jamie Lyon - champion
05. David Williams - injury prone and probably won't last the season
06. Keiran Foran - huge potential
07. Daly Cherry-Evans - excited to see him get a go
08. Jason King - getting better with age
09. Matt Ballin - no more said
10. Brent Kite - going well but next year will probably be his last
11. Anthony Watmough - bi polar
12. Shane Rodney - cannot last a season as body is worne out
13. Glenn Stewart - down hill slide

14. William Hopoate - young gun
15. George Rose - needs to start taking his game and fitness seriously
16. Joe Galuvao  - wanted to retire at the end of 2009 but still one of our best
17. Tony Williams - will he ever reach his potential?  Doubtful

With Perry leaving, I think our priority signing must be a prop. I don't have pay TV so don't see a lot of NYC, but from what I have seen and heard, Cunningham and Stromquist go well but I can't see them being ready for NRL for 2-3 years. There was a thread (link below) a while ago where I listed the unsigned players for 2011. A look back through it shows a lack of quality props on the market with the only one I'd really consider being Brad Meyers from the Titans. There was talk of a couple of decent English front rowers who were keen to have a crack at the NRL (can't remember names) so may be worth a look. I'm sure Beaver, Ox etc could recommend someone.

http://www.silvertails.net/forums/index.php?topic=184074.15

Very disappointed that Benny is going albeit for one year. Sounds like a bit of a working holiday with his mate from Dug-castle.

I wish him well & thank him for the caretaker-job he did for the No.1 position.

I reckon he is a great player that gives his all every match he plays!
(We should keep him as our Utility player)

Geeze some of you guys can carry on.
Id rather lose a 24 year old journey man than a 18 or 19 year old speedster in Hoppa or Oldfield (who will be our wing partnership in a couple of years IMO).

Rumores are we are talking to Jarrod Hickey and Yileen Gordon from the Bulldogs.
Has anyone sign Steve Southern yet or did he retire. I know Ben Cross has resigned with the Knights for 1 season. I think Aaron Cannings is looking for a club as well and would be a better buy the Matt White.

Not much out there now the only chance picking good players up is that there mad Monday gets out of control - maybe John Lang and Sam Burgess will get into a fight.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4