Farrar heading to France

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Manly are set to lose Ben Farrar next year, with the outside back expected to join French club Catalans Dragons this week.

The 23-year-old is one of a list of Sea Eagles with fitness concerns for Sunday's qualifying final against St George Illawarra. If he shakes off a shoulder problem he will line up at centre, with Will Hopoate at fullback. Catalans are close to confirming his signing on a one-year contract.

Farrar's best friend, Knights halfback Scott Dureau, has also signed with the club. Roosters assistant Trent Robinson will take over the top job at the French Super League outfit next month and yesterday confirmed the club's signing of Rooster Lopini Paea.

Chris Barrett and Brad Walter  smh.com.au

good luck to him,
he has been great for us since coming on board
but i would rather lose him and be able to keep oldfield, hoppa and whare than keep him and lose one.

Oldfield is a winger, they are a dime a dozen and shouldn't take up too much of your cap if you are smart. I'd keep Farrar over Oldfield in a heartbeat, offers so much more in terms of experience and versatility.

Oldfield is big, and so may end up being in the centres.  Maybe he can cover fullback too, although hopefully next year with a firing Stewart and Hoppa we will be spoilt for choice at the back. 

Best of luck to him!!

Sorry to see him go as he can fill a few spots in the backline.I sometimes thought of him as a 5/8 and at the GC funtion asked him how he thought he'd go there and said he'd love a crack at it,but also said he's happy just playing footy for Manly which is a great attitude and what seems to be missing from some players over the last 2 years..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6