• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane link said:
What is a farce is that it's half way through November and we are still playing Rugby League in Australia.

Tests should be one off affairs, Australia V NZ on Anzac day (one year in Oz and the other in NZ), and we should play every four years in England at the end of ours (and their) season (ie the 4 yearly \"roo tours\")

That's the real farce

Have to disagree with you there Mark it's not the rest of the world's problem that we play club footy, Origin, and then the 4 Nations. We put ourselves in this position so we have to live with it.

Slater dropped the World Cup AND the Four Nations?

Steve Waugh would have a field day.

Shane link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=185946.msg305976#msg305976 date=1289740899]
Slater dropped the World Cup AND the Four Nations?

Steve Waugh would have a field day.

Pretty sure that was Ponting
[/quote]

Nope that was Steve Waugh to Herschelle Gibbs.

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=185946.msg305962#msg305962 date=1289733479]
What is a farce is that it's half way through November and we are still playing Rugby League in Australia.

Tests should be one off affairs, Australia V NZ on Anzac day (one year in Oz and the other in NZ), and we should play every four years in England at the end of ours (and their) season (ie the 4 yearly \"roo tours\")

That's the real farce

Have to disagree with you there Mark it's not the rest of the world's problem that we play club footy, Origin, and then the 4 Nations. We put ourselves in this position so we have to live with it.
[/quote]

But Australia and NZ are the premier League nations.We should be dictating when/where tests are played,not letting "filler teams" dictate to us.I agree with Mark.Seasons over,these games now are just magnets for injuries.Look at Tate!Finish it in Oct,then come back refreshed in March the next year.

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=185946.msg305966#msg305966 date=1289734667]
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=185946.msg305962#msg305962 date=1289733479]

That's the real farce

[/quote]

But Australia and NZ are the premier League nations.We should be dictating when/where tests are played,not letting "filler teams" dictate to us.I agree with Mark.Seasons over,these games now are just magnets for injuries.Look at Tate!Finish it in Oct,then come back refreshed in March the next year.
[/quote]

Tate could have got that injury during the regular season. Unfortunately it's part and parcel of the game that injuries occur.

Most players think it's not the actual game that does alot of the damage it's the training.
The Australian player's will get a break in 2012 (a year prior to the World Cup), the Kiwi's and the English are at the moment talking about having a 4 Nations tournament that year without the Kangaroo's (so that will be NZ,ENG, FRA and WALES)

Ideally I would have them play (players) just 22 club games (I would also have 22 teams in the NRL and each team play's each other once like in the NFL-builds club games into more of an event), the 3 Origin games and then the 4 Nations/World Cup

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289766969[/time]

Another thing back in the 80's it wasn't out of place for players to go from the NSWRL/BRL up to the English Comp and then back to the NSWRL/BRL more or less not have a off season, but that was when the English played in our Summer.

How was F*ckwit Gould form with Australia up 12 - 6 they were goin to go on with it becase of their Origin experience, I lost count of how many times he said origin experience. But how quickly did he change his tune when the kiwi's starting to look good on our line and the Origin calls stopped and it was all about the brilliance of Benji.

I failed to see any Origin qualities in the aussies, however Benji did step up when needed and got them over the line.(even if they were forward passes) With all that so called Origin experince no one stood up for the aussies.

Why Sheens didn't keep the side he used the week before is beyond me. Tonga has played crap the hole series and some one needs to show him how to pass a football. Not that he should have been there but Sheens was always going to play Lote so why not put Lawrance in there too at least Lote might have been a bit more worthy with a team mate inside him. He also used two hookers the previous week to counteract the kiwi hookers and it worked well, Farrah went well when he came on and combined well with Lawrance.

I thought Boyd, Carney, Lawrance and Farrah did enough in that game to keep there spots. I don't think the aussies were near there best in that game but it was definately the best game they played in the series.

I know I'd certainly like to see Benji wearing #6 for the Blues next year!! He's got a lot of Origin qualities, and he wins big games!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2