Farah open to $500,000 offers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Farah open to $500,000 offers

By James Hooper | November 16,
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006066,00.html

WESTS Tigers star Robbie Farah is expected to command offers of up to $500,000 a season after signalling his intent to test his value on the NRL's open market. In a warning sign for the Tigers, Farah told The Sunday Telegraph his agent will meet rival clubs as he confronts the most important contract of his career.
The hooker, 24, is tipped to make his State of Origin debut for NSW next season following the retirement of Danny Buderus.
Contracted to the Tigers until the end of next season, Farah has an option in his favour for 2010 but wants to explore his worth on the open market before committing to the club.
"Like any junior who's only played for the one club, I'd like to stay at the Tigers but at the same time my next contract is important in terms of my career,'' Farah said.
"I want to make sure I get it right. My manager is going to see if anyone else is interested and then we'll take it from there.
"It's not something I want to drag on, I want to try to get it sorted before the start of the season so everyone knows what's going on.''
New Tigers chief executive Scott Longmuir, coach Tim Sheens and football manager Warren McDonnell met Farah's agent Sam Ayoub at the club's Concord headquarters on Friday.
In what shapes as his first major test at the helm of the 2005 premiers, Longmuir must convince Farah and key playmaker Benji Marshall to commit to new contracts beyond next season.
Farah is expected to have offers up to $500,000 a season to walk away from the Tigers.
"Basically, Robbie's interested in testing the market and we're allowing him to do that,'' Longmuir said.
Clubs expected to be interested in Farah include Brisbane, St George Illawarra, Penrith, Manly and the Roosters.

So he'll bull**** around for 12 months, hang on, and hang on to cause angst to his fans using other clubs interest to bump up his price, then eventually sign on a bloated contract, ensuring other areas in his team are lacking, as they can't sign others due to his lagging.

Ryan link said:
So he'll bullS**t around for 12 months, hang on, and hang on to cause angst to his fans using other clubs interest to bump up his price, then eventually sign on a bloated contract, ensuring other areas in his team are lacking, as they can't sign others due to his lagging.

Yep but were not tigers fans so who cares.

Ryan link said:
So he'll bullS**t around for 12 months, hang on, and hang on to cause angst to his fans using other clubs interest to bump up his price, then eventually sign on a bloated contract, ensuring other areas in his team are lacking, as they can't sign others due to his lagging.

Hate the game, not the player Rhino!!!

He wouldn't be a good fit for Manly.  To much of a one guy player, for himself.  A selfish player and injury prone. 

Apparently he was off to the Sharks to play halfback in 2010. But there's no way Cronulla could afford a $500,000 contract, so maybe he's given that idea the flick.

There is no way in hell Robie Farah is worth $500k a season. I even rate Ballin above him. The only thing big about Robbie is his opinion of himself.

Manly will find themselves with the Salary Cap squeeze that is inevitable after a Premiership win. No way will we be able to afford to go and pick up big names like Farrah without letting go of some of our stars. No way would I chase him.

I'm a big Ballin fan, and don't want Farah at that price. But anyone saying he is average or Ballin is a better hooker than him hasn't watched the Tigers play.

Farah is class in a really, really average forward pack. Ballin is class in a really, really dominant forward pack.

Farah = NSW #9 injuries permitting. Great player.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6