Fantastic another 3 years of that same rubbish half back – Orford to re-sign til

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Volley link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=181730.msg241999#msg241999 date=1252919569]
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=181730.msg241715#msg241715 date=1252881931]
Hodgkinson is not a kid Dan.  He's a better bet than Ox is.  Get him down now and into the squad to lean the scoresheet.  Ox, injured all year?  Selfish and stupid.     
Dan link said:
3 years is an absolute joke. Lets hope its just speculation.

That said after watching hodkinson run around he is definitely not ready and is off the pace a bit. That could be an equally stupid move and may ruin the kids future

Hodkinson is 21 years old. Old enough to get thrown in. Look at Robson, he didn't look good with his limited appearances fo Manly, but with the Eels he has held down the no7 spot and is playing very well. Better than orford.
[/quote]

Bullsh*t. Robson does fcuk all. It's the Hayne and Mortimer show over there in attack.
[/quote]

You're kidding, his defence has been very good and overall solid player and with his combination with Mortimer they've been heaps better than our halves.

I agree Swoop.  The only arguments put by the Orford camp for keeping the hopeless guy is 'insurance' or that there's no one else around.  total crap.  Mentor?  Give us a break.  400K, way to much for nothing.

swoop link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181730.msg242005#msg242005 date=1252920127]
tRue very true not so much as a mentor as a security policy in case the other guys are terrible

Costly insurance policy.
[/quote]

Tim Smith @ 50K for one year is all the insurance policy you need and if we have a bad year we get a good half the year after or continue to rebuild

Insurance? I don't fear losing possessions and I certainly don't fear the world, I have 2 pets and that's far better than angry sharp toothed burglar alarms.

As for robson defense good attack couldn't fool a ball off a dog.
Mortimor steers them around with bert doing more half back duties. Both bert and especially hayne provide the x factor

swoop link said:
Why do they need Orford to mentor the younger guys? We have to of the best Manly halves in Toovey & Hasler in our coaching ranks.

We could tie up a few of our youngsters.

Swoop you make a valid point.

I still think that Orford has something to offer (I could be wrong) but he is unnecessarily being targeted for the loss.

At the moment we don't have much on offer for a replacement halfback. I also see Orford as an interchange option similar to tooves move from half to hooker.

I'm not suggesting we replace Ballin however with Le Strange leaving, until we can buy or develop a quality half Orford needs to remain there and help develop anyone that comes through. The frustrating aspect of it is when in the past we have let someone go and they seem to kick on and get better after they leave the Sea Eagles. It doesn't happen with everyone but it has come back to bite us in the past.

I think our biggest mistake was to let Orford go for Kimmorley only to buy him back for $400 or $500K as season.

What I do know is since 2000 we have had issue's with the No.7 and we shouldn’t be making irrational decisions purely based on the weekends lose.

I believe Des and Tooves have enough on their plates from a coaching perspective and need to be a mentor in a different way to how a fellow team mate would offer mentoring to a developing an up and coming player. The two need to be seperate.

OneEyedEagle link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=181730.msg242004#msg242004 date=1252919928]
Why do they need Orford to mentor the younger guys? We have to of the best Manly halves in Toovey & Hasler in our coaching ranks.

I believe Des and Tooves have enough on their plates from a coaching perspective and need to be a mentor in a different way to how a fellow team mate would offer mentoring to a developing an up and coming player. The two need to be seperate.

[/quote]

To much sports science not enough football

Dan link said:
DSM I have to agree, Hodkinson cant be that much worse, so why not give him a go just to see how he goes. Something I think should have been done earlier in the year anyway

He won't get the experience unless he is given the opportunity.

mwsneagle.  The dog does look like that, only black.  Same coat.  Unfortunately you can't purchase those coats any more.  Apparently the NRL wanted to much of a cut to make the manufacture profitable.  Who owns that pooch?

I've been registered on this site since October 2004 and you guys still never fail to crack me up!

missing_something link said:
[quote author=OneEyedEagle link=topic=181730.msg242029#msg242029 date=1252931621]
[quote author=swoop link=topic=181730.msg242004#msg242004 date=1252919928]

[/quote]

To much sports science not enough football
[/quote]
And just further to that, with all of the sports science around the club, there are quite a few players carrying a bit of extra pudding around the middle - Perry/G.Stewart come to mind. More so this year than last. The teams that are left just look fitter and stronger. Just something that I have noticed, with Watmough the obvious exception.

Garts link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=181730.msg242058#msg242058 date=1252976091]
Who owns that pooch?

Ian Roberts
[/quote]

LOL - I'm not sure whose puppy it is (thought it looked cute) got it off Manly fans facebook . My brother managed to get one of the coats near the beginning of the year, I think when they were closing down. Damn shame.

Maybe we can hit the black market with our poodle tee's, and matching bon bon's.

Jesus-H

What is this world coming to?

Hahahahaha----aAAaAAAh-Hahahahahaha

DSM, not sure when you are leaving, but all the best for your travels whenever you depart on them

Ryan seems keen on dog sitting for you

Leaving in about three weeks Kiwi.  Until then we'll have some fun on the site.  Do you know what happened to JT?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6