Fantastic another 3 years of that same rubbish half back – Orford to re-sign til

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From the Tele

"There could be some good news for Manly this week with skipper Matt Orford ready to sign a lucrative deal that will keep him at the club until the end of 2012."

Volley link said:
The worst part is having to listen to you cry about him for the next 3 years.

I'm thinking of moving my aim to Dessie shortly just to break it up for you, you must admit it's a dumb idea the guys stuggled with injury for threee years and only trains late in the week - no wonder the attacks disjointed.

You don't re-sign a guy that age with the injuries he carries for three years.

Agreed. 3 years is ridiculous. 1 to 2 max to help the transition with a younger half-back, ie Hodkinson.

Why endure any more time.  One more year of crap.  It's not a kindergarten.  The off-season is there to get people up to speed, to 'transition'.  If this 31 year old has played injured all year, it just goes to show how selfish and stupid he is, and that includes our coaching staff.  I'm over reading how he won us the GF in 2008.  He lost us a chance for defending it this year with his crap play.  Piss off Orford now. 

3 years is an absolute joke. Lets hope its just speculation.

That said after watching hodkinson run around he is definitely not ready and is off the pace a bit. That could be an equally stupid move and may ruin the kids future

Hodgkinson is not a kid Dan.  He's a better bet than Ox is.  Get him down now and into the squad to lean the scoresheet.  Ox, injured all year?  Selfish and stupid.     

DSM5 link said:
Hodgkinson is not a kid Dan.  He's a better bet than Ox is.  Get him down now and into the squad to lean the scoresheet.  Ox, injured all year?  Selfish and stupid.     

how much have you seen him play DSM?

just trust me on this, he is not ready for NRL.

He reminds me of Shifty Sherwin without the short kicking game

Speculation from the tele, I wouldn't be too worried just yet. If for some reason they were to re sign him for three years I'd bet my house on him not seeing the contract out.

The word that worries me is "lucrative". By all means hang onto him for a year or two, but pay him a figure comensurate with what he produces on the field.

DSM I have to agree, Hodkinson cant be that much worse, so why not give him a go just to see how he goes. Something I think should have been done earlier in the year anyway

Is Orford actually injured or is that just speculation?

Plus if you've been injured for three years does that count as injured - or just your normal match fitness?

My cross hairs are beginning to shift to Hasler.  Maybe his time is up.  Someone else on another post said that you need a new coach to rebuild.  Maybe that's correct.  I feel tormented by a little man who looks puzzled by white lines.  And ads, it was Peter Peters who claimed Orford was injured.  Whether that was a smokescreen to hide his poor form is a question for Vidmar perhaps to answer.  Whichever way you look at it, it's weird that a player could play, and be picked to play, for the season injured. 

lu?cra?tive –adjective: profitable; moneymaking; remunerative: a lucrative business. 

So help me god if this lucrative deal see's Foran jump on a plane and head to NZ I will reach through my computer screen and throttle the person responsible for it :)

That said, could this signing be that Foran is already gone and we were waiting to see what happened with him?

If we DO re-sign Ox, do we also get two games, shoe hire, hot dog, fries and a coke with the deal?

You guys are forgetting or choosing not to mention that Orford is willing to take a pay cut to stay with the team and (yes speculating) to build it into a future force. How much of a pay cut he is will to take you need to ask the man himself that question.

Given that we have no viable options for next season I rather have experience guide us around the park than no experience.

Not everyone wil agree however personally I think Orford needs to be used as a mentor for our future No. 7

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8