Fans Year in Review.

manlyfan

With all the dramas of the post season, and our limited chances to celebrate, I don't think we've had a chance to truly reflect.

So here's our chance.

What's your:

* Favourite try

* Best win

* Moment you believed we could be premiers

* Player of the Year

* Worst loss

* Favourite moment of the year.

* Favourite hit

* Any other categories?

Naturally, a lot are going to be grand final moments / tries / wins so don't be afraid to list two - Grand Final and other matches

* Favourite try - DCE's second at Suncorp after the great scoop and pass by snake

* Best win - Roosters round 2 with a stack of players out.

* Moment you believed we could be premiers - after the first trip to Suncorp

* Player of the Year - DCE or Lyon

* Worst loss - Dragons

* Favourite moment of the year. - Beating the Storm at Brookie

* Favourite hit - Foran on Mitchell Pearce, T Rex on Tariq Sims

* Favourite try - Oldfield vs sharks

* Best win - round 25

* Moment you believed we could be premiers - when I seen the 25 man squads, the game that drove it home was vs dragons

* Player of the Year - Gift

* Worst loss - rabbletohs

* Favourite moment of the year - Gift vs Blair

* Favourite hit - Foran on Pearce

* Favourite try - Snake's 100th try at Brookie / rd9

* Best win - rd2 vs. Roosters / rd12 vs. Brisbane / rd25 vs. Storm

* Moment you believed we could be premiers - rd12 vs. Brisbane @ Suncorp.

* Player of the Year - DCE

* Worst loss - rd21 vs. Wests @ Bluetongue.

* Favourite moment of the year - #brookiebrawl and creating #snakesalive banner and getting recognised for it.

* Favourite hit - Foz on Mitchell Pearce.

* Favourite try: Either Oldfield vs Sharks, Foran vs Brisbane in Prelim Final, or DCE's try off Brett's scoop.

* Best win: Rd 25 vs Storm or Rd 5 vs Sharks

* Moment you believed we could be premiers: After defeating the Knights in Newcastle

* Player of the Year: Foran, DCE or TRex

* Worst loss: Vs Dragons

* Favourite moment of the year: Winning the game at Suncorp after copping BS from the Brisbane fans around us, and Rebecca Wilson.

* Favourite hit: Foran on Pearce in Rd 2

Jono said:
* Favourite try: Either Oldfield vs Sharks, Foran vs Brisbane in Prelim Final, or DCE's try off Brett's scoop.

* Best win: Rd 25 vs Storm or Rd 5 vs Sharks

* Moment you believed we could be premiers: After defeating the Knights in Newcastle

* Player of the Year: Foran, DCE or TRex

* Worst loss: Vs Dragons

* Favourite moment of the year: Winning the game at Suncorp after copping BS from the Brisbane fans around us, and Rebecca Wilson.

* Favourite hit: Foran on Pearce in Rd 2
Every time I look in the mirror I start to reflect.........

* Favourite try - DCE @ Suncorp

* Best win - Grand Final / Round 25 vs Storm

* Moment you believed we could be premiers - After Rd 25 @ Brookie vs Storm

* Player of the Year - Lyon / Gift

* Worst loss - Dragons

* Favourite moment of the year - Gift vs Blair

* Favourite hit - T-Rex on a Dogs player @ Brookie

* Favourite try - B.Stewart vs North Qld in the finals. Lyon keeps it alive on the RHS of the field, get's it to DCE who drifts towards the posts and delivers to a hard-running Foran that pops a pass up to Snake to score. It sticks in my mind as a try that featured four of the crucial cogs in the Manly machine, and pretty opened the door to a 2nd half onslaught.

* Best win - Has to be the Roosters in Rnd 2. Longest odds we faced all season and with a crippling injury/suspension toll. At periods we looked gone, but the boys kept turning up and won it well.

* Moment you believed we could be premiers - Sounds like a cop out but it isn't until a few minutes before the hooter in the GF. I sensed we'd be in the GF after the Melbourne match at Brookie and quickly bought tickets, but when considering a win, '97 has scarred me enough to wait until the end to be really confident.

* Player of the Year - Can't split three of them. Lyon for his leadership and the carnage he caused on the right; DCE for meeting every challenge in a rookie year and proving he's no one-trick-rookie-year pony; and Joe G for inspiring work in the forwards, particularly when moved to the props.

* Worst loss - vs Dragons. I just can't work out why we struggle against them.

* Favourite moment of the year - Apart from the GF, dusting the Broncos at Suncorp post Origin, and being there to enjoy it. I think I got drunk afterwards but I don't remember enough of the night after the match, to confirm that.

* Favourite hit - Foran on Mitchell Pearce. Foran vs the largest blokes in the opposition team, whether in defence or attack. Geez the kid puts his body on the line.

* Favourite try - DCE at Suncorp. Also Foran v Melbourne at Brooky and Oldfield V Sharks deserve special mentions.

* Best win - Sharks. We were gone with a handful of minutes to go and came with one of the tries of the year to steal it. Add DCE's field goal wrong footed under pressure.

* Moment you believed we could be premiers - Can't pick a moment, probably during the big wins against Brisbane and the Dogs.

* Player of the Year - Hard to pick between DCE, Gift and Killer.

* Worst loss - NQ, Souths, St Merge and Tigpies are hard to split for different reasons. I'd probably go with the Merge though.

* Favourite moment of the year. - Killer lifting the trophy, Killer sealing the win, Round 25.

* Favourite hit - T-Rex on Tariq.

* Favourite try - Snake's incredible pick-up & flick to DCE from Foz's kick. One of the very best tries I've ever seen.

* Best win - Roosters in R2. They were the grand finalists, coming off a win against the much-vaunted Rabbitohs. We were unfancied in premiership betting, coming off a loss in R1, and rank outsiders. We were also decimated with injuries. I always imagine how Manly will win a match but I never thought we could win that one. It set the tone for our season.

* Moment you believed we could be premiers - beating Storm at Brookie. Actually I believed we COULD be premiers very early in the season but that was the match that persuaded me I was not kidding myself.

* Player of the Year - Glen Stewart (just shading DCE & Killer)

* Worst loss - We did not have a bad loss imo. The biggest margin was against Illawarra, but I saw plenty to like in our performance that day. Similar to the last match loss to Brisbane. The rest of our losses were by about 2 points, none of them I would describe as a bad loss.

* Favourite moment of the year - #1. We went to Ausgrid and had seats way high up with an amazing view. As I took my first bite of a meat pie Manly received the kick-off and immediately scored a length-of-the-field try through Lyon & Wolfman. From then on the match was a total hoot, we were laughing our heads off and as the Knights proceeded to get blown off the park their fans were decidedly subdued.
* Favourite moment of the year - #2. Glen Stewart standing up to Blair at Brookie. Nearly had disastrous consequences, but at the time I was pleased he did what he did.

* Favourite hit - Foz on Pearce. A big moment in the match, and a match that turned out to be a big match for our season.

* Favourite try - too many to mention, but the best was probably Oldfield vs Sharks, both of Matai's in the Bulldogs game at Brookvale, and Buhrer vs Cowboys

* Best win - Roosters rd.2, Melbourne rd. 25, Cowboys Finals rd. 1, Bulldogs at ANZ

* Moment you believed we could be premiers - after the Souths match at Bluetongue (I saw a lot of positives that night) and after the Cowboys match in the finals... we were scarily good in that 2nd half.

* Player of the Year - Lyon. The only player on our FG list who had a bad year was SeuSeu.

* Worst loss - Cowboys - We were awful in the first half and I was amazed that we were in a position to win it at the end and Tigers - we never should have been in a position to lose that one.

* Favourite moment of the year - Oldfield's try vs Sharks, the 4 tries we scored in quick succession at the end of the Cowboys match in the finals, Robertson's conversion in the GF and the Souths and Roosters matches at Brookvale.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
* Favourite try - Snake's incredible pick-up & flick to DCE from Foz's kick. One of the very best tries I've ever seen.

* Best win - Roosters in R2. They were the grand finalists, coming off a win against the much-vaunted Rabbitohs. We were unfancied in premiership betting, coming off a loss in R1, and rank outsiders. We were also decimated with injuries. I always imagine how Manly will win a match but I never thought we could win that one. It set the tone for our season.

* Moment you believed we could be premiers - beating Storm at Brookie. Actually I believed we COULD be premiers very early in the season but that was the match that persuaded me I was not kidding myself.

* Player of the Year - Glen Stewart (just shading DCE & Killer)

* Worst loss - We did not have a bad loss imo. The biggest margin was against Illawarra, but I saw plenty to like in our performance that day. Similar to the last match loss to Brisbane. The rest of our losses were by about 2 points, none of them I would describe as a bad loss.

* Favourite moment of the year - #1. We went to Ausgrid and had seats way high up with an amazing view. As I took my first bite of a meat pie Manly received the kick-off and immediately scored a length-of-the-field try through Lyon & Wolfman. From then on the match was a total hoot, we were laughing our heads off and as the Knights proceeded to get blown off the park their fans were decidedly subdued.
* Favourite moment of the year - #2. Glen Stewart standing up to Blair at Brookie. Nearly had disastrous consequences, but at the time I was pleased he did what he did.

* Favourite hit - Foz on Pearce. A big moment in the match, and a match that turned out to be a big match for our season.

This, except my favourite moment was the whole Storm game (and the celebrating after) I new then no one would beat us

Favourite try

Oldfield scoring after the bell against the Sharks. Walking out of that stadium was fantastic.

Roosters rnd 2. Immense effort.

Moment you believed we could be premiers

The 2nd half against the Cowboys at the SFS.

Player of the Year

Gift.

Worst loss

Tigers in the craphole. That entire day sucked a fat one.

Favourite moment of the year

Beating Newy up at Newy. I'd never seen us win up there (in person) & it was a fantastic performance. MWTS outsung the entire stadium & the terrace area in the corner was awesome.

Favourite hit

T-Rex destroying Tariq Sims.

Any other categories?

Honourable mentions to the kid a bay across from us who gave up his heckling when I told him that his parents didn't love him. Good times.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2