Fans' passion sees memberships surge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
NRL
7:23am Sat 21st December, 2013

Rugby League fans have shown their excitement for the 2014 season by becoming NRL club members, with membership rates tracking close to 14 per cent ahead of last year's numbers, with the Rabbitohs storming ahead of the pack with more than 19,000 memberships signed.

The Eels have seen membership sales more than double for the same period last year, with the Warriors, Sea Eagles, Sharks and Roosters also generating significant growth.

"It has been a really exciting and positive time for the game with our fans committing to their membership ahead of the Christmas break," NRL Head of Commercial Paul Kind said.

"Rugby League's number one priority is the game's members and fans and we have been working cooperatively with our clubs to transform membership to make Rugby League members' experiences more rewarding.

"Early December we launched the game's new membership tvc, along with the implementation of telemarketing and additional resources to ensure that we can deliver additional benefits for club members in 2014.

"Clubs like the Eels and the Bulldogs have run with the campaign producing their own rivalry competition which has seen positive growth for both the clubs."

With more than 10 days left in 2013, 14 of the 16 clubs are already ahead of their January 2013 figures, with two others set to jump ahead of that limit in the next 24 hours.

Joining the membership race only three weeks ago the Dragons are also seeing positive signs for 2014.

"The Dragons have passed through 5,000 Red V Members which is very encouraging given we were only able to get our 2014 program into market , coinciding with the NRL Draw release, just over two weeks ago," Dragons COO Michael McDonald said.

"This puts us ahead in membership numbers relative to the same timeframe in 2013, and importantly almost 15 per cent are new members, joining the Red V program for the first time."

"We've provided a wide range of flexible package options for members to choose from in 2014, and the take-up of all packages has been very positive."

The full NRL Membership 'Ladder' looks this way:

1. Rabbitohs 19,374 (up from 18,157)

2. Broncos 13,634 (up from 11,854)

3. Knights 12,592 (up from 11,710)

4. Eels 10,380 (up from 4886)

5. Bulldogs 10,355 (up from 8585)

6. Storm 9121 (up from 7986)

7. Roosters 8584 (up from 5812)

8. Cowboys 7174 (was 8582)

9. Sea Eagles 6590 (up from 4333)

10. Dragons 5002 (was 9640)

11. Warriors 4979 (up from 3202)

12. Panthers 4837 (up from 3567)

13. Sharks 4337 (up from 2925)

14. Wests Tigers 4158 (up from 3718)

15. Titans 4112 (up from 3872)

16. Raiders 3416 (up from 3356)

Interesting to read about the NRL having the fans interest as number one priority, yet squashing the match in China. That surely would generate huge fan interest. And really, this leagues table of fan membership. Is it a level playing field? Are all packages equally costed, or is it like in the past when a grub membership with Souffs cost 3 dollars?

The Wheel said:
I cannot believe Souths have so many supporters that are willing to subject themselves to pain and misery again in 2014

Souths membership comes with a free set of false teeth, soap, a delousing kit and permanent residency.

tookey said:
The Wheel said:
I cannot believe Souths have so many supporters that are willing to subject themselves to pain and misery again in 2014

Souths membership comes with a free set of false teeth, soap, a delousing kit and permanent residency.

I heard that they also get the latest transistor radio with a bonus ear plug.

If you look at the percentage increase were doing very well indeed. Better than Souffs. Whatever happened to the big red v?

mozgrame said:
Eels 10,380 (up from 4886)

Wow, they must have swung the Mormon vote. Or the Moron vote.

Or maybe their supporters are happy now that Ricky Stuart is no longer a part of their team and are celebrating by buying membership as they can now see the prospect of improvement of their team without him.

Or, maybe they know something about David Gower that we don't know. Or maybe Gower and Arthur took a bunch of Manly fans with them. Or maybe there has been an influx of disgruntled Raiders fans join their ranks. Who knows, and he won't tell us. ;)

I keep giving it to mates, who are Manly fans. Every time i see them, i am at them to get membership. Hate that the wooden spooners have more members than us.

The Wheel said:

It is amazing that a Sydney team can draw more members than a one team city side like the Bronco's. And not just a couple more. Makes you wonder just how "footy mad" Brisbane actually is.

The Cowboys should be ashamed of themselves. Heads need to roll up north.

Souffs have more members than fans who turn up to a final in the first week of finals. Weekend detention anyone.

Do they include pet memberships as well. Must be a lot of gerbil owners at Souffs.

DSM5 said:
If you look at the percentage increase were doing very well indeed. Better than Souffs. Whatever happened to the big red v?

When the drag queens announced they were taking a majority of their games away from the gong and kograh I heard that a lot of their fans passed on renewing their membership. I don't blame them to be honest, the same would happen with Manly. Hopefully they learn from the mistake of listening to the muppets at the nrl who reckon it is the direction the game is heading / what the fans want!!

DSM5 said:

Read the article.
There membership has only been available for a fortnight.

Ryan said:
Honestly, our great club deserves much more to be honest, but that's just me.
For 2013 we finished with over 11 thousand, which was a record. We are on track to go way past that, so we are on an upward trend.

eagles2win said:
DSM5 said:

Read the article.
There membership has only been available for a fortnight.

I think the high court case about the dud "St George sperm" has had a demoralizing effect on the fans.

Parra and Canterbury are having their own " race " to see who gets to 20,000 members first ; I think having 10,000 Parra fans that can read would be a massive achievement

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6