Fans cost Premiership points

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Recent talk of crazy supporters costing a team premiership points is ridiculous.
Not a Dogs fan at all, but to lose points for poor crowd behaviour is not the answer.
The majority of rugby league supporters are passionate & every game generates banter between fans & no doubt, plenty of sledging at the officials, but it stops there...or should...
The clowns who were involved in the crazy scenes on Friday night should be named/shamed/ banned & handed out massive fines, but its not fair on the players, coaches & genuine fans for a team to lose premiership points, some of these fans pay big dollars in memberships ect & are a big part of making the clubs successful - plenty would pull the pin if unfairly caught up in this issue.

I'd agree with you however the fact is this isn't the first time and won't be the last.

And the biggest deterrent for fans to not do this ( self regulation) would be loss of points.

Just imagine if they went back to last , then next time some dickhead looks to throw a bottle the other fans would be all over him ( her).

I agree unfair, but what's the other option, you really think they will catch everyone??

I'd agree with you however the fact is this isn't the first time and won't be the last.

And the biggest deterrent for fans to not do this ( self regulation) would be loss of points.

Just imagine if they went back to last , then next time some dickhead looks to throw a bottle the other fans would be all over him ( her).

I agree unfair, but what's the other option, you really think they will catch everyone??

They will catch very few in relation to this incident as bottles & objects were flying everywhere & it was a sudden moment of madness more reserved for foreign soccer games than footy in Australia.
I do think this will be far more policed in coming games & like players jumping clubs, money talks - a few $10,000 fines & criminal records could well eliminate the minority mug fans.
Just from a supporters point of view, I would be absolutely blowing up if Manly missed the 8 by 1 point because some nutter threw something onto the field.
Theres plenty more than just Dogs fans also, remember Slime Stadium & the coin throwing incident - if points were to be deducted it should have started right about there

I used to be a Member at the Olympic Park - the 2k per annum fee is for everything that is put on at the Stadium.
So I don't believe that the NRL nor Dogs have the jurisdiction to ban anyone, as they are members of the Stadium Trust.

It will be interesting to see them take them on in court :p

How can any ground seriously guard against any banned supporter gaining entry? What will they have to go by: a photo? Do you expect the person on the gate to be able to positively recognise someone from a photo when hundreds are streaming through. Or will the NRL pay for airport-like screening and face recognition technology?
This threat, like that of losing points for bad behaviour, is as hollow as the heads from which the words came.

There has to be a deterrent for bad behavior of fans. Maybe make a club play its game behind closed doors and hit them in the pocket.

I am astonished that the dogs escaped punishment apart from player suspensions. Why no charge of bringing the game into disrepute?? Oh yeah how silly of me Greenturd runs the show now. Bloody farce!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4