Fans are expecting too much

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I prefer last season to be honest. We had a lot of injuries and a much weaker roster but one of the Manly greats was still our coach and it still felt like Manly; backs against the wall and the ability to come out and beat any team on our night. We beat Melbourne in Melbourne for christ sake. We still scored some nice tries and looked organised. It was just a case of not being able to match the oppositions go forward due to a lack of cattle. We should have passed on Nate Myles, signed Taupau and kept Toovey, Hiku, and Gutherson. With Foran gone and the contract sagas over, we could have moved peacefully forward.

This season it just doesn't feel like Manly...more like St George. A disorganised rabble that give away a lot of dumb penalties and are making it all up on the spot. I can't stand watching a football team attack off the top of their heads; it's painful to watch.

I am concerned about the future because I think DCE is ancient history. I just can't see how he is ever going to be the player he used to be but he will still take up so much money under the cap.

This could be our team;

Stewart
Taufua/Gutherson
Hiku
Matai
Trbojevic
Lyon
DCE

Starling
Koroisau
Lawrence
Buhrer
Taupau
Trbojevic

Mateo
Vave
AFB
Parcell

Coach; The Great Geoff Toovey!
Walker is a better centre than hiku

I agree but don't think he is much of a passer. Lyon or api has a better passing game. Walker has to go back to centre.

Sorry to disagree about Api. When he played halfback, T-Red, Killer and Tommy were either starved of the ball as much as their mates on the left with Walker, or what they got gave them next to no chance.

Passing game from hooker yeah. But not as a half for mine.

You know, if Baz wants a running 5/8 he could do worse next year when we don't have Killer than to move Walker to the centres and play Api at pivot. Api doesn't have much of a passing game but his running game is decent enough.

As a 5/8 Killer does have a better passing game than Walker.

Sorry to disagree about Api. When he played halfback, T-Red, Killer and Tommy were either starved of the ball as much as their mates on the left with Walker, or what they got gave them next to no chance.

You know, if Baz wants a running 5/8 he could do worse next year when we don't have Killer than to move Walker to the centres and play Api at pivot. Api doesn't have much of a passing game but his running game is decent enough.

Yeah api is definitely more a running 5/8.

There is that option to move api there or go after norman. Would love him in there next to dce. Walker could just be effective running at center like james roberts is of late. We need a quick outside back who can score tries and set up tries.

I am pleased with the progress we have made from last year. We have some young players who have the potential to form the nucleus of a very good team which will need to be added to of course. Bozo has put together many teams over the years and they have all made Grand Finals at some stage. If we can find two or three dangerous and competitive backs along with this forward pack which has great potential I believe we can challenge again. I suspect some young potential superstar backs will be signed over the next year or two. I must admit I don't really understand the value of a Lewis Brown type in the mix unless he was cheap , just average at everything.

Everyone wants everything and they want it now..

Blind to all the injuries and schedule.

Which team would or could perform better under those circumstances?

I reckon Walker dummy's too often, if he passed occasionally it might actually plant some confusion in the minds of the defence, they're up on him as soon as he shows the ball, he's got to mix his game up more, that's just my opinion.

If we are seriously considering Api as a contender for a regular halves spot than our season has jumped the Shark. He's a bench utility at best as I think Parcell is the best option at 9.

Look don't agree there overspent with some questionable recruits myles (past it ), brown ( add nothing bar a utility ), lussick (penalty machine as usual)
Walker simply not a 6 why they continue to bang on this theory.
We have a aging back line we let go 2 young up and comers in hiku and gutherson. The 20s look shocking so where are the young kids coming from.
Our club is going backwards, Fulton was finished in 1999 I cannot see how that changed in 17 years.
We should not be in this position mismanagement by both this administration and previous will put us back 5 years. Let's not kid ourself the loss of foran is a lot bigger than people will recognise, cherry evans not a organiser he is simply struggling as well.
marty has impressed turning into a 80 minute player as has parcel.
We are manly we demand success it it that simple.

Just taking one statement here on board - for every '20s team, about three players tend to make the step up over the next two or three years, into NRL. When you ask where our next young ones are coming from - look at who has just stepped up from 20s this year - Addin FB (not ours, but case-in-point), Liam Knight, T Turbo etc. Plus all the others that turned 20, and were moved on or found better offers elsewhere.

Ramien is playing U20s reps at 18...Brad parker is getting big raps, Nicho Hynes is playing up a grade in NSW Cup at the age of 19...Cade Cust is still way young...we had a great squad last year, and we have kept the ones that we needed to (with a couple of exceptions - Pearsall maybe). You can't have like 10 players all graduate U20s at once, and expect to fill those spots straight away. I think our next generation of gun NYC players are a year or two away...but they are coming through.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7