Fan to stump cash to save Glenn Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
David Baldock said:
Ive read where the NRL have said they value Gifty as a SOO player and wont recognise any contract that doesnt represent that value.

How idiotic. He hasn't played origin for 2 yrs. He shouldn't be classed as anything other than a regular first grader.

Frogz said:
It would be nice if someone from the club actually spelt out how 3rd party agreements work.
Whilst we think we know...there is a lot of unknown ....it seems

It's relatively simple. If the player draws sponsorship/income from an entity that is not aligned to the club (and has not been arranged by the club), and the income is not reliant on the player playing for a particular club, then (a) the club looks to these amounts as a way to offset some of their own salary for said player, and (b) the manager takes the package to the NRL for registration. If the NRL don't like the look of a deal, they'll seek more info.

Hamster Huey said:
Frogz said:
It would be nice if someone from the club actually spelt out how 3rd party agreements work.
Whilst we think we know...there is a lot of unknown ....it seems

It's relatively simple. If the player draws sponsorship/income from an entity that is not aligned to the club (and has not been arranged by the club), and the income is not reliant on the player playing for a particular club, then (a) the club looks to these amounts as a way to offset some of their own salary for said player, and (b) the manager takes the package to the NRL for registration. If the NRL don't like the look of a deal, they'll seek more info.

In other words it's total bs

David Baldock said:
Ive read where the NRL have said they value Gifty as a SOO player and wont recognise any contract that doesnt represent that value.
So does that mean that Merrett is valued at 600K because he is a SOO player?

Merritt isn't a SOO player. He's an ordinary NRL player who managed to play an SOO game, most likely as a result of bomb threats made by Souths fans or a horrific administrative error.

If he was in maroon and white he would be a SOO in your eyes i bet.

Merritt is a good winger and great finisher. I think a bit small for Origin these days but would have killed it 20 years ago

Fluffy said:
If he was in maroon and white he would be a SOO in your eyes i bet.

Merritt is a good winger and great finisher. I think a bit small for Origin these days but would have killed it 20 years ago

You bet wrong. I don't consider Wolfie, as much as I love him, an "SOO player" either for much the same reasons as Merritt.

It was clear to anyone who understands rugby league that Merritt would be hopeless at origin level. If we could look at a column of tries scored vs tries conceded for Nathan I reckon he'd break even. He's a finisher. In finals footy and origin I'd only be selecting guys who can start and finish. His selection showed once and for all how out of touch Nsw selectors are.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6