Fan-tastic Sea Eagle Dave

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

DAVE Kenney insists he is just like any other dedicated Sea Eagles supporter on the northern beaches.
But the big difference is the former Manly junior shelled out $40,000 to become the club’s No.1 ticket holder at an auction held during the club’s season launch.

Read the full article

Congratulations Dave. You are a true fan. Just think, that $40,000 would probably feed T-Rex for a season.

Nice story but it was still a massive opportunity missed for the club

The bigger story here is an accountant parting with his OWN money!!:p
Well done Dave.:)

Nice story. Good onya Dave.
Man those accountants are awesome blokes.....Dave, Toovey, Clint, the list just goes on and on and on:p

I banged on about it a bit at the time

There was a huge opp to tie this into the membership drive (make a common folk suporter the no1 fan...follow them every week...)there are heap of things they could have done - at the time i think i put up a list of 10 (?) that would have resulted in far more revenue than 40k

Spuds Bodyguard said:
lsz said:
Nice story but it was still a massive opportunity missed for the club

in which way?

The number one ticket holder is worth more than $40K if marketed properly. No offence to Dave, but he is nobody, they should have been looking for someone with a higher profile and getting exposure for the brand

I'm with lsz on this one, missed opportunity

Chip and Chase said:
The number one ticket holder is worth more than $40K if marketed properly. No offence to Dave, but he is nobody, they should have been looking for someone with a higher profile and getting exposure for the brand

I'm with lsz on this one, missed opportunity

So how much was Keneally paying to be the No.1 supporter?
40k is still a bonus and probably covers a good part of a back office staff's salary.
I assume that it's only for this season?

Giving the No.1 ticket away to a high profile/celebrity type, ends up costing the club money. I understand the marketing aspect but clearly the club wants cash in the bank and that's exactly what they got.

You guys do understand the company he works for is the parent company of Quantum and are loaded so more importantly our future is safe.

Good on him I say 40k far out that's a house deposit. That's alot of love for manly. Kudos to yOu

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6