Fan noise

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
How awesome was the fan noise from the Manly supporters bay yesterday?  It's not often Suncorp Stadium seems like a home venu for a NSW team.  ;)

On the telly there were plenty of times i heard the Manly fans.  Strangest thing was i heard more from them yesterday than when i watched the Storm game replay from the other week

Even we were trailing 16 - 0, the noise was all positive. I was in the middle of the Manly crowd and I never heard any abuse or negativity against the players.

The Bronco fans were giving it to us but we had the last laugh.

The bigest disappointment was after the game all the players weren't allowed to come all the way accross to where we were because of  presentation. Three players did defy Giggy's instructions so that was some consolation.

There was a huge sense of relief in the dressing sheds after the game and they were truely inspired by the Noise from fans.

The crowd shots from the channel 9 TV coverage showed a massive group of Eagles supporters all sitting together. It was great to see. I think that's the biggest group of opposition fans I've ever seen at Suncorp.
The call was ridiculously biased  though. Those guys were so anti-Manly. It was all "under-strength Broncos," "Bronco players fatigued from backing up from Friday." Only old Rabs ever said anything positive about Manly.
Phil Gould is one huge tosser.

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
I was in the middle of the Manly crowd and I never heard any abuse or negativity against the players.
You obviously weren't at Brookie for the Melbourne game. There was only 10 k there and for much of the game fans were giving to Orford!!!

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=ERNIE FOR NO7 link=topic=180348.msg222240#msg222240 date=1242016373]
I was in the middle of the Manly crowd and I never heard any abuse or negativity against the players.
You obviously weren't at Brookie for the Melbourne game. There was only 10 k there and for much of the game fans were giving to Orford!!!
[/quote]

I know - and that is why I mentioned that the Manly crowd at Suncorp weren't into that and it was refreshing.

Good to see. We are not happy losers!!

I still remember the din at the GF last year when the radio announcers kept saying they had never heard anything like it at a football game and that the Manly crowd just kept going all day.

yeah, its always good to watch and listen to that CW and i have to agree with them, i have never heard anything like it

I was in the middle of the Manly contingent, and the atmosphere was fantastic, lots of noise, very very loud.

My only issue was with the security guards who were very controling and let us know we were too loud on a number of occasions, they seemed concerned we were putting the Broncos members off. There was no swearing or rudeness, only volume - Its a RL game for Christs sake. I told the Broncos fan near me that if they couldnt deal with us supporting our team they should have watched the game on TV, I also let the security know that I wasnt going to get any quiter, I drove 1000km for the game. They called the police over at one point and the police told them they couldnt do anything unless we were going to do more then cheer.

Still great game to be at, and a fantastic feeling at Suncorp after the win, not to mention at the Caxton for a few hours after.

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
The bigest disappointment was after the game all the players weren't allowed to come all the way accross to where we were because of  presentation. Three players did defy Giggy's instructions so that was some consolation.

Who were the 3 ?

TokyoEagle link said:
[quote author=ERNIE FOR NO7 link=topic=180348.msg222240#msg222240 date=1242016373]

Who were the 3 ?
[/quote]

Lyon, Robbo and I can't remember the third.

OUR PREMIERSHIPS ......... ARE BETTER THAN YOURS
OUR PREMIERSHIPS ARE BETTER THAN YOURS
WE BEAT THE STORM 40 NIL
OUR PREMIERSHIPS ARE BETTER THAN YOURS.

Maddest day ever havent been able to talk today. I was pretty lubricated before the game at 16 - 6 at half time i thought F**k it im not going to shut up for 40 minutes and i didnt :)

I still have a croaky voice, working at about half capacity. No doubting your passion Cliffy. I was talking to some of the club officials who were on the other side from 317 and they even clearly heard Eagle Rock. That was about the best chanting effort I have been involved with and I'm sure it lifted us to that win. Well done everyone!

I think were a patriorical bunch up here in QLD, I have become more so i think mainly due to the fact that we get to see them only twice a year. You really do miss what you had until its gone or semi-gone atleast.

Unfortunatly I wasnt sitting in the Visitors area, but I did have perfect half way line tickets thanks to work, invited all my broncos friends and just gave em **** for the rest of the night.

That's awesome- congratulations to all the fans who provided the noise- great to hear....could this be the turning point...lets hope so!

I was "almost" next to Cliffy and my ears are still ringing.

What a day, I am sure we "brought them home"

As Coordinator of the WWW.QLDSEAEGLES.COM I have written to Suncorp management and complained at the "zealous" approach of the security  to what was "chanting and singing"...they went "over the top"...especially when the Bronco's were behind!!

Rusty link said:
[quote author=TokyoEagle link=topic=180348.msg222355#msg222355 date=1242048931]

Who were the 3 ?
[/quote]

Lyon, Robbo and I can't remember the third.
[/quote]

Mat Ballin was the other

Tell me it isn't true that suncorp security guards told opposition fans to keep their barracking down to an acceptable level. that is unf***in believable.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4