• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Fans flock to damp fan day

Posted 48 minutes ago
All 16 NRL teams pose for a mass photo at the 2008 fans day

Around 15,000 fans have braved terrible weather at Sydney Olympic Park on Saturday to see players from all 16 NRL teams gathered for the first ever time.

The fan day was part of centenary celebrations for Australian rugby league, and included a historic mass photograph of every current NRL player.

NRL chief executive David Gallop said the day was a huge success, and thanked fans for turning out in such large numbers.

"It's never been done before, it's a once-in-a-lifetime moment for the game, to celebrate a centenary," he said.

"Of course the game's history is going to be cherished, but it's also about the 2008 year and the next 100 years."

fans13_gallery__600x361.jpg

fans3_gallery__558x400.jpg

fans4_gallery__600x384.jpg

fans14_gallery__600x400.jpg

Kids attempt to draw pictures of Fatty Vautin. Photo: Anthony Johnson
fans4_gallery__600x384.jpg

r220838_868215.jpg

One for the collectors... 25 players from every club gathered for a historic photo. (Getty Images: Matt King)

Video http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/2008/02/02/Centenary_of_League_kicks_off_on_the_right_foot

Dogs fans give it to Mason at fan day

February 2, 2008 - 6:35PM
http://news.smh.com.au/dogs-fans-give-it-t...80202-1ppx.html

Willie Mason and rugby league's fan day were always going to be a volatile mix.

Bulldogs supporters had been waiting for an opportunity to sledge the Test forward who controversially walked out on the Belmore club last year to link with the Sydney Roosters.

Today they got their first chance, on the Bulldogs home ground, as the NRL threw a meet-the-players party at ANZ Stadium as part of the centenary of rugby league.

So how did Mason enjoy mingling with the fans?

"It depends which ones they are," the forthright forward said.

"I got a fair few boos when I was walking out but I'll cop it, you can't please everybody."

Mason had walked onto the Olympic stadium's turf today among the NRL's entire 400 players, who gathered for a historic photo-shoot.

"If they want to support me or boo me that's their right," he said.

"Mostly the feeling walking out there is half-and-half I suppose. Young kids are always fans but I think the older ones are a little bit dirty on me wearing these colours."

Mason earned the ire of Dogs fans for leaving the club in the lurch, but even some Roosters fans turned off by his maverick approach opposed his signing.

But he said the Bondi faithful were warming to him.

"There's a bit of a buzz out east ... The fans have got a bit of a positive to go through this year and they think that we're in with a genuine chance to win the title," he said.

And rubbing shoulders with his ex-teammates had not been a problem either.

"I'm sweet with all the Dogs players," he said.

"You have mates in rugby league teams that you call outside of playing rugby league and then there's some that you just wouldn't call.

"So once I left the Bulldogs there were blokes that I wouldn't call anyway and there were blokes I'll always be friends with and that's just with life."

Meanwhile, Parramatta forward leader Nathan Hindmarsh has called on the league to play more trial games in country areas.

"I think the trial games should be played out in country areas, just give them a taste of some sort of football," he said.

"I think we've fallen away a bit at that.

"If we could try and spread them out to a few more rural country areas it would be great for the game."

© 2008 AAP

Seeing the pic of Fatty reminded me that there was a small piece in the Sun-Herald saying that he has relocated his family to the Gold Coast so they (and he) can be near his son.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=176873.msg177468#msg177468 date=1202089287]
Have we signed Kirk Reynoldson?

Either that or we have got Paul Stephenson back
[/quote]  Serously though.  who the hell is the bloke with the Ned Kelly beard? 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=176873.msg177491#msg177491 date=1202103973]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=176873.msg177468#msg177468 date=1202089287]
Have we signed Kirk Reynoldson?

Either that or we have got Paul Stephenson back
[/quote]  Serously though.  who the hell is the bloke with the Ned Kelly beard? 
[/quote]
MichaelRobertson.jpg

ROBBO

You are right it is Robbo.  I didn't recognise him with his pants on although the fuzzy hair looked familiar just not on his face.

Maybe he's trying to look like Chris Hicks for the sake of Des Hasler, Alicia Molik and Jennifer Hawkins.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7