Fan Day? Open Training Session?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlywarringah

Bencher
Premium Member
I'm wondering if there will be any open days for the fans to get down to Narrabeen to show the guys some support?

I get a little envious when i see thousands of AFL fans get down to training to watch their heroes.

I know we wouldn't get those numbers but i'd love to go down and soak up some atmosphere while also having a look at some of the grand final merchandise.

Pretty sure that anyone can go the the Narrabeen Sports Academy and watch them train, its an open ground.

Manly need to focus on tactics and strategy now, we don't want to distract them from the GF preparations. :angel:

Maybe send cards for 2V to read out to them instead:D

There won't be any official open training sessions this week. It was suggested however with all the other GF week activities the Football Dept decided training needed to be kept as normal as possible this week to prepare.

That's understandable.

I was hoping for something to get to but i remember we did throw everything open in 2007 and it wasn't a good result!

I'll get there after the grand final no matter what happens.

Hi @Larissa ...any plans afoot for a live site at Brookie on GF day itself? We went to the last couple and they were great - not planning on going out to ANZ this year due to having a toddler in tow, and last time around the live site was a fantastic day out for the *little people* (and no stress for the big people haha)

Larissa said:
There won't be any official open training sessions this week. It was suggested however with all the other GF week activities the Football Dept decided training needed to be kept as normal as possible this week to prepare.

Larissa said:
Sorry, there wont be a live site this time.

That's disappointing. Tickets are so expensive this year and the Leagues Club is always packed and was a bit dangerous 08 trying to see the team bus with the big crowd. Is the NRL doing anything on GF Day? A Live Site at the stadium like they did qith the man U game?

@Larissa

Nicola Eagle said:
Larissa said:
Sorry, there wont be a live site this time.

That's disappointing. Tickets are so expensive this year and the Leagues Club is always packed and was a bit dangerous 08 trying to see the team bus with the big crowd. Is the NRL doing anything on GF Day? A Live Site at the stadium like they did qith the man U game?

@Larissa

(If you have kids with you )

The NRL usually have a live site at homebush, I haven't heard anything about them not doing one this year.

To make sure check out nrl.com

I found it http://www.seaeagles.com.au/2013-Grand-Final-Week-Events

Grand Final Day - Sunday 6 October

Tumbalong Park 3.30-9pm

On Grand Final Day the fun at Tumbalong Park continues as the venue becomes a live site where a big screen will broadcast all of the 2013 Telstra Premiership Grand Final action live from ANZ Stadium! The live broadcast will commence at 3.55pm with the Holden Cup

There should be a live site at Sydney Olympic Park itself. They've been doing it for the big games this year (Origin, Lions, ManU) so I can't see why they wouldn't do it this year.

Manly Council Chambers - Big Screen
Big screen, flags and bunting to jazz up Manly for RUGBY LEAGUE GRAND FINAL!

“The atmosphere in Manly this Sunday is likely to be electric as 30,000 people will be here already for our annual Manly Jazz Festival.”

Manly Council is providing free, live, big-screen [4.55m x 2.6m] open air television coverage of the Sea Eagles clash with the Roosters outside Manly Council Chambers at the corner of Belgrave Street and The Corso (opposite Manly Ferry Wharf).

“Manly Council chambers are already bedecked with maroon and white, and I encourage everyone in Manly - including local businesses – to show their support for the Sea Eagles in this historic grand final - then, enjoy the jazz!”

The screening of the Grand Final match will be a smoke free event and Manly’s existing alcohol free zone will be strictly enforced.

A full programme of events is available on the Manly Council website at www.manly.nsw.gov.au, and regularly updated on Council’s Twitter and FaceBook feeds.
-------------------------------------------
http://www.rlcm.com.au/latest-news/23788-rugby-league

* Tuesday, October 1: 2013 Dally Ms, The Star Event Centre
- The teams and match officials for the 2013 Telstra Premiership

Grand Final are announced.
* Thursday, October 3: 2013 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final Lunch and Media Conference, The Star Event Centre (from 11.45am)

* Thursday, October 3: NRL Grand Final Fan Day and Teams Presentation, Tumbalong Park, Darling Harbour (10am-2pm family activities; 3-5.30pm team presentation and activities on stage);
- NRL Grand Final Members Party, Sydney Entertainment Centre, Haymarket (5-7pm); and
- Channel Nine Grand Final Footy Show, Sydney Entertainment Centre, Haymarket (7.30-9.30pm)

- Prior to and following the official NRL Grand Final Teams Lunch, the day is devoted to Rugby League fans and members with three exciting events.
- Skills clinics, family-friendly activities, will be part of the FREE NRL Grand Final Fan Day at Tumbalong Park, Darling Harbour. The teams will be presented on stage between 3.15-4pm.
- The NRL Grand Final Members Party at the Sydney Entertainment Centre is an invite-only event for NRL Club members.
- Tickets are available from www.ticketmaster.com.au for Channel Nine’s Grand Final Footy Show at the Sydney Entertainment Centre from 7.30-9.30pm which will feature members of the Grand Final teams in their final appearance before Sunday’s Telstra Premiership Grand Final.

* Friday, October 4: Grand Final Fun Day (MUST REGISER), Cathy Freeman Park, Sydney Olympic Park (10am-3pm)
- Up to 800 young fans will get a taste of an NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final Day when they experience all the excitement and atmosphere of Rugby League’s biggest day of the year.
- 2013 AAMI Country Rugby League Player of the Year, Doltone House, Hyde Park (7pm for 7.30pm start)
- The Country Rugby League celebrates its night of nights with the announcement of the AAMI Country Rugby League Player of the Year.
* Saturday, October 5: Kangaroos Reunion Lunch, SCG (12-4pm)
- Reunion of past and present Kangaroos players attending along with Kiwi Internationals in Australia. Grand Final Fan Site, Tumbalong Park, Darling Harbour (3-7pm)
- Autograph signing and FREE special live performance by Jessica Mauboy and guests (3-4.30pm – autograph signing; 4.30-7pm – live performances).

* Sunday, October 6: 2013 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final Day, ANZ Stadium (from 11am) Grand Final Day is the culmination of an exciting week of events and a season of amazing Rugby League with over 80,000 fans attending ANZ Stadium to be part of the biggest game of the year.

The Grand Final Precinct will feature Rugby League skills clinics, entertainment, competitions, prizes, giveaways and One Community Ambassadors.

International artist Ricky Martin will headline the Grand Final Entertainment which will also feature a tribute to retiring players and Jessica Mauboy performing the national anthem.

More than 3million viewers across metropolitan and regional Australia are expected to tune into the NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final on Channel Nine.
11.00am - Gates Open – Telstra Grand Final Precinct
1.30pm - Gates Open – ANZ Stadium
1.50pm - Kick-off - VB NSW Cup Grand Final
3.55pm - Kick-off - Holden Cup Grand Final
6.53pm - Pre-match Entertainment - Presentation to Retiring Players - Ricky Martin Performs - National Anthem – Jessica Mauboy
7.18pm - Kick-off - NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final

Grand Final Fan Site/ Live Site, Tumbalong Park, Darling Harbour (3.30-9.30pm) - The Grand Final Day fun continues from mid-afternoon as Tumbalong Park becomes a live site where a big screen will broadcast all of the action live from ANZ Stadium with the screening of the 2013 Telstra Premiership Grand Final. The live broadcast will start at 3.55pm with the Holden Cup Grand Final.

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/FixturesResults/GrandFinalInformation/tabid/11372/Default.aspx

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6