Fairfax scum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Have a read of the Herald's "match report" of yesterday's game. The entire "article" is an exercise in highlighting Manly's supposed high shots and indiscretions in an effort to make sure they get extra scrutiny from the video match review committee. Says bugger all about the game but plenty about Choc's charge-down on Prince. Let's hope common sense prevails and reason overtakes pressure. Prince clearly ducks his head into Choc's committed challenge.

Ironically the match report stands next to an article asking "is it time to hate Manly again". That would seem to be a statement of the bleeding obvious".

Fairfax scum - no doubt Masters is chortling into his all bran this morning.

Sadly a few dinosaurs that can't get out of the Neanderthal age are coloured by their outdated views. Time to move on for some methinks.

Yeah it was a pathetic article - why do they give so much coverage to the Eels-Dogs game? AND WHY THE HELL IS IT THE TITANS V EELS ON SUNDAY CH 9 NEXT WEEK INSTEAD OF MANLY V NTH QLD ??? !!!! It's a Saturday night game instead, but is a much bigger match. I'm sick of not getting the tv coverage.

I actually like the fact that 'Hating Manly' might be back for all. I liked it when Souths, Norths, Wests and Qld were our feeder clubs. Adversity makes us stronger.

I love being hated. But these day's I am finding it harder and harder to chew.

My question really goes out to a lot of commentators and media people.

How can you hate manly just because they play well. We aren't the 'silvertails' so to speak anymore.

Yet, an entire football team can go on a post season trip to Coffs Harbour, molest a young lady and then make a mockery of the police investigation and be one of peoples most loved teams?

What about salary cap rorts? Yeah, they were caught, but if they weren't do you think they would have handed back that premiership that pretty much sitting in their leagues club from round 10?

Oh, we love the cheats don't we guys?

What about 3 grand finals and one premiership with players that must have been costing the roosters 50M ****ing dollars to have???? Oh its so sad to see the roosters struggling.

And to see Dunny Bill Williams caught shagging some model in public. Poor sonny he should just get away with it.

And poor Mason, Making women cry, chasing white lines. FFS get off the man's back he's a great role model.

How about gower, its not his fault he drinks like a fish and then banned from every night club in australia.

Lets hate manly because they play good honest football.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Like all things, time will make the difference on this issue. Manly has partly lost the tag of silvertails and there is less comment these days about our salary cap and more comment aout other teams salary cap. Its getting rather inconsequential.

The "hated" thing is redundant. It doesnt help us and it doesnt hinder us. Manly can just forge ahead focused on winning games and aiming at the title, without fuss, without conjecture.

However, there are people committed to bringing us down. As MB says, we are virtual cleanskins when compared to any other NRL club. We don't rape and pillage country towns, we don't abuse the salary cap etc etc etc.

Yet we have an article today wholly committed to highlighting 50/50 incidents to put pressure on the MAtch Review Committee to charge as many players from Manly as possible.

And don't get me started on the fact that someone who has often smudged the game (Johns) gets far more coverage than a bloke like Menzies who has never put a foot wrong in a first grade career of some 14 seasons!

And he is the greatest try-scoring forward of all time.

However, there are people committed to bringing us down. As MB says, we are virtual cleanskins when compared to any other NRL club. We don't rape and pillage country towns, we don't abuse the salary cap etc etc etc.

Yet we have an article today wholly committed to highlighting 50/50 incidents to put pressure on the MAtch Review Committee to charge as many players from Manly as possible.

And don't get me started on the fact that someone who has often smudged the game (Johns) gets far more coverage than a bloke like Menzies who has never put a foot wrong in a first grade career of some 14 seasons!

And he is the greatest try-scoring forward of all time.

Fully agree on both points. Old prejudices are held against Manly which unjustly influences media reports and the lack of positive exposure for both team and Beaver.

The NRL is derelict in not providing a more proactive approach to promoting Manly as a "cleanskin" (well put) and Beaver as a role model on & off the field. Especially while all the other negative rubbish abounds in other clubs and high profile players.

Still, id prefer to maintain the low key status for now. At least while we enter this new phase of success on the field. Minimise distractions and head down, bum up, looking for the premiership. We have a real shot and its worth noting that not many teams are standing up to show the determination to get there. We have so far.

I finally got around to reading the SMH and the articles disgust me. Take a game of RL and provide a slant that it completely did not deserve and you get gutter journalism. For a paper that impresses me in so many ways this was rubbish.

fLIPs comments are spot on. The ridiculous bias in so many circles is getting depressing.

The NRL is derelict in not providing a more proactive approach to promoting Manly as a \"cleanskin\" (well put) and Beaver as a role model on & off the field. Especially while all the other negative rubbish abounds in other clubs and high profile players.

Of course it would be a great assistance to them if we had a media manager worthy of the name and job description......

Yeah it was a pathetic article - why do they give so much coverage to the Eels-Dogs game? AND WHY THE HELL IS IT THE TITANS V EELS ON SUNDAY CH 9 NEXT WEEK INSTEAD OF MANLY V NTH QLD ??? !!!! It's a Saturday night game instead, but is a much bigger match. I'm sick of not getting the tv coverage.

I will say again.. there is NO games played during the day up in Nth Qld.. too hot

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4