Fair analysis of defensive errors.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Funny how some here so easily use David Williams as a defensive error whipping boy yet fail to hold others to account with the same level of scrutiny.

On Friday for example one defender was caught ball watching a few times yet not one person has mentioned it online, if it was Williams there would be threads all over the place.

I'm not saying that David Williams does not have defensive issues what I am saying is wingers in general are the whipping boys, comes across as the least respected position on the field, sort of like the lowest paid workers in a company copping the flack.

Wingers get a lot of praise if they regularly play well. I tend to think outside backs get a lot more credit for wins then the forwards/bench.

Exactly, Wolfie's contribution to the Souths and Easts wins were monumental and unrecognized :dodgy:

But every mistake is deemed as abysmal :mad:

I just watched the replay and no Manly Player was perfect. But Wolfie, not being able to defend a normally indefensible pinpoint kick, is deemed to be flawed. In attack too he is denied the ball by Hiku going back inside, yet is derided for not scoring tries :dodgy:

Lynching a player will hardly help his confidence and enable him to work himself out of his slump :cool:

Glad that he gives it to the twitter Trolls with his usual larrikin wit :p

The Cowpokes attacked our right side defence all night and had a lot of joy with 2nd man plays and took advantage of Hiku who is not used to playing right centre and as we know Wolfie jams up and in as much as he can.

It didnt cost us tries as such and ironic that their tries apart from the kick all came through the other side.

Will let others work it out----it is pretty easy to spot, if they can't spot other defensive lapses/errors they have no right to just pick on a whipping boy for an easy frustration outlet.

Probly Horhay is the target there @Mal Cochrane.
I happen to agree up to a point, that Wolfie is unfairly bagged too often. That try on Friday night was inch-perfect and 9 out of 10 wingers wouldn't have prevented it.

He also saved us without a doubt against the Rabbids...that gutsy intercept was a dead-set try if he doesn't act.
And yeah, it needs to be said again, we don't even make the GF last year without that superhuman try v Souffs.

He has made mistakes, but so do many other players in our 17 that seem to be accepted or explained away. It's never as easy out there as we seem to think from our arm-chairs; and I just wish there was a little more perspective sometimes when we dissect performances...ESP it seems when it comes to crucifying Wolfie.

RiverEagle said:
Probly Horhay is the target there @Mal Cochrane.
I happen to agree up to a point, that Wolfie is unfairly bagged too often. That try on Friday night was inch-perfect and 9 out of 10 wingers wouldn't have prevented it.

He also saved us without a doubt against the Rabbids...that gutsy intercept was a dead-set try if he doesn't act.
And yeah, it needs to be said again, we don't even make the GF last year without that superhuman try v Souffs.

He has made mistakes, but so do many other players in our 17 that seem to be accepted or explained away. It's never as easy out there as we seem to think from our arm-chairs; and I just wish there was a little more perspective sometimes when we dissect performances...ESP it seems when it comes to crucifying Wolfie.
I could name several players but you can say that about most players in every game to some extent, but no i was not referring to the player you mentioned.

Fair enough @TC... Horhay was caught out a couple of times, and once quite badly, but I see it as a sequence of events in defence that can isolate a winger, and in a split second, make them look ordinary.

We are running out of options for the above player in mention then.

Ok it was DCE lol i'm just trying to knock a few dollars off his value to help keep Gift.

In all seriousness i'm surprised no-one noticed it, i'm thinking it is time to find a new fans forum this is not good people lol......

Either way i am not going to mention his name or using him as a whipping boy because he deserves a pay rise anyway.

ERM, Cherry didn't play on Friday TC...

No wonder we didn't notice his defensive lapses...lol.

Was said player a forward then?

I don"t know that there was one person to blame but I did notice our inside 20m defence was just couple of steps forward then plant feet. No up and in and no slide. Made them sitting ducks down our LHS. Matai probably looked the worst but not being a technical defence expert i suspect it may have started further in. Choc didn't have his best defensive game either.

On the other hand I thought hiku had a reasonable game in defence. He did have LOLO running at him most of the night.

That's why I think even more reason to leave Killer in the centres.
His stability and experience on the edges is overlooked a bit......until he's forced to 5/8.

Have you gone to bed TC?

Probably wise there TC.
Choc was busted to be fair @Chip and Chase...
That miss on the Chin in particular was obvious Choc only had one arm to miss one-on-one so badly.

I would have to watch the replay to pinpoint further errors and it really is too late on a Sunday to bother now.

As I like to fall back on, we scored more points than them, their defensive errors were worse...read 'em and weep.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6