Facing the facts, we are lucky

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
As Manly supporters we are lucky the everything aligned in our favour during the last weeks of 2008 to have won the GF.

Its clear that any change whatsoever creates heartache for our coaching staff that amounts to bugger all. We well over achieved last year and this year proves it. As defending champions Manly are pathetic.

So I'm dead set happy that we won last year and have all the DVD's and souvenirs to remind us. Many other Sydney clubs don't/Wont have that opportunity for many years to come..........We are lucky.

Over achieved last year haha

We won the most games of anyone in the comp, and were the most dominant team

We are under achieving this season, not over achieving the past 2

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Over achieved last year haha

We won the most games of anyone in the comp, and were the most dominant team

We are under achieving this season, not over achieving the past 2

Agree KE

I agree that we are lucky to have had such great success last year. It was awesome.
I also agree that we are seriously underachieving this year.
The success of the past two years is why this year is so hard on fans. If we had come somewhere near the bottom last year this wouldn't be such a shock turnaround.
It's seriously painful, but it's just footy.
I think they can seriously improve and pick up some form throughout this season and then be a dominant force again in 2010.

Canteen Worker link said:
There was no luck about last year though. We were the best team!!!

Agreed but this years team is reminding me of the old Beagles days but at least (touch wood) we aren't getting flogged by 30, 40, or so.

CW we were lucky the last 5 weeks our key players were fit. Lyon was a revelation playing in career best form coming back from injury. Which pretty much surprised everyone. Taking enormous pressure from The Ox.

Take out any of.

The Ox
Lyon
B & G Stewart
Kite
Perry
even Ballin

We lose.

Incorrect Byso

We were simply fitter and faster than the sides we played against, The Warriors were widely regarded as the 2nd best side last season, and with all their men on deck we gave them an absolute pasting in the GF Qualifier. Dragons were pretty much full strength when we knocked them out of the park as well

We may have been fortunate to have our top 17 running on, but there is no luck in a 110-12 finals series

Yes he would, because during the season we had Watmough, Lyon, King, Matai, Orford, Willimason and Menzies all miss games and we still continued to win

Can still remember that game where Orford was out, Lyon got injured and had to go off and we still picked up the 2 points

Our turning point last season for me was the match at Parramatta Stadium in round 6 when we were down to 12 fit troops and came from behind to close out the match. We haven't had anything like that this season yet

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6