Face it - He is a Seadog

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Des Hasler was 1 of my favourite players & as a coach - well the tale of success speaks louder than words.
Noone can debate if he has been great - tha stats dont lie however.....he is now a SeaDog - part Seaeagle & part Bulldog & no matter what anyone says about his undoubted loyalty to Manly, make no mistake -this is how it is.
1 - Negotiations have been going a LONG time...with the Bulldogs.
Did it effect his commitment to Manly in 2011 -NO. But heres the problem.
2 - Des coaches at Manly 2012 & for mine will not intentionally be out to hurt the Seaeagles, in fact wants to win the title 100% & probably will.
3 - The players who are the nucleus of this winning side & would walk over broken glass for him want 1 coach -Des - & mark my words if he leaves many will follow him or jump of what the media circus will call a sinking ship, us Seaeagle supporters of course reach for life jackets but never leave the ship.
4- This vested interest intentional or not, will tear the club far more, atm its just a coach & player leaving. I have every confidence under Toovey in 2012 we will get the same result -& keep more players.

I agree MK. This time last week or even 2 days ago I would have never thought I would say this but I do think that although we can't sack Des (read other Contract posts), and I'm not sure if that would be jumping the gun anyway given his amazing past with Manly - I am very dubious about how his allegiances with the players and his upcoming commitment to the Bulldogs will play out. I would have said a few days ago that he wouldn't have left Manly ever so feel that it would be lax now to say he wouldn't influence any of the players to contemplate a move to the Dogs with him. Even if Des wasn't influencing them knowingly I feel that the players may be better with Toovey or their new coach whoever it may be for the 12 months leading up to the end of their Contracts and their subsequent re-signing as it wouldn't matter how professional Des is we need to ensure that the players allegiance is to the Club. Methinks we need Jono (read his post re: Members Support etc) to go down and give the Players a good inspirational speech!! Maybe with his drum to get key points across!! lol

Is it time to bring back Beaver as an assistant to Toovey? He is popular amongst the players and may stop a lot of bleeding

I shouldnt be too harsh on him. Trip to Leeds $6000, NZ trip rd 1 next year $1000, trips to brisbane, gold cst and melb next year $1500, premiers T shirt $35, Premiers edition Jersey $190, gen premium admission 2012 season ticket $200, 2011 sea eagles victory pack DVDs maybe $60. Des has saved me a lot of money.
I'll just pay my $65 for a maroon membership instead.

At the end of the day he doesn't want to coach at Manly and should be pissed off as soon as practicable.

If he stays things will deteriorate very quickly.

bones said:
I shouldnt be too harsh on him. Trip to Leeds $6000, NZ trip rd 1 next year $1000, trips to brisbane, gold cst and melb next year $1500, premiers T shirt $35, Premiers edition Jersey $190, gen premium admission 2012 season ticket $200, 2011 sea eagles victory pack DVDs maybe $60. Des has saved me a lot of money.

You didn't enjoy the ride this year Bones? I caught a few sneaky glances at you during the year, and I might be going out on a limb here....but it seemed like you were enjoying yourself. I'll never forget singing Eagle Rock & Manly with you at the top of our lungs around the dais on Grand Final night at Brookie, after witnessing another GF win at Homebush. Watched you stand with pride amongst the Warriors supporters at Homebush with your Premiers banner.
I'll be striving to go to the UK, NZ, and GC next year to support the club that's been giving me so much joy, long before Dessie came along.

Newcastle_Scotty said:
bones said:

You didn't enjoy the ride this year Bones? I caught a few sneaky glances at you during the year, and I might be going out on a limb here....but it seemed like you were enjoying yourself. I'll never forget singing Eagle Rock & Manly with you at the top of our lungs around the dais on Grand Final night at Brookie, after witnessing another GF win at Homebush. Watched you stand with pride amongst the Warriors supporters at Homebush with your Premiers banner.
I'll be striving to go to the UK, NZ, and GC next year to support the club that's been giving me so much joy, long before Dessie came along.

The year was great, but if that awesome feeling of winning a premiership only lasts a week when it should be around for a year then I just don't see how it's value for money. I'm happy to pay money watching them year after year, waiting for the premiership wins because I know how much joy it gives me for a long time afterwards. Im sorry but 6 days is not a long time. It's nowhere near long enough to justify the money spent. The maroon membership i will downgrade to for 2012 seems appropriate. I'll still cheer the team on, but it will be from my lounge room. It's my money and it's my choice how I spend it and no-one has the right to criticise me for that. If that makes me a "princess" then so be it. I couldn't give a **** what any other supporter thinks of me.
p.s. Auto correct ****s me

Now the mind has absorbed this poorly timed bombardment of events I have my own conclusions.
Des has done wonders but its still unacceptable how he & the board have handled business at the top. Though he probably didn't get everything he requested it must have been ok with all the facilities & players we have retained to help build this solid squad & the fans have stuck by him through the good & bad, this has not been resipricated when it counted most.
Des for mine would do a terrific job in 2012 but I have no doubts this will lead to more pain & suffering come end of season. Do I think Des would ever have a vandetta against the Seaeagles- NO!! but there will be a vested interest.
I would prefer a fresh start with solid long term vision - this uncertainty is destabling & will rot the club inside out. Love him or hate him, Des is now a Seadog & EVERYTHING he strives for WILL be in the best interests of both clubs. Those who want to attack me on this this can apologise come the end of 2012 when it plays out.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4