Fa'aoso Done DUI

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bones

Bones Knows
First on 2UE: Manly's Richie Fa'aoso has been charged with mid-range drink driving and police pursuit at Macquarie Fields. Paul Murray with 2UE Police Reporter Michelle Tavernitti on the unfolding breaking news.

I wonder if he was driving at break-neck speed?

We shouldn't judge him until we have seen the evidence, but if it is true that he was in Macquarie Fields then a fairly hefty fine is in order imo.

Richie lives out there, as do a few others.

I don't believe that the NRL can suspend him as its the off season. He can claim marital pressures like Barba did.
Although if on the eve of White Ribbon day, he did transgress - then the judicial outcome takes precedence over any NRL rulings.

Great to know that his broken neck is healed too :p

Maybe he will be released by Manly before the Season and we won't have the liability on the field :cool:

CAMBO said:
Based on Tamou he will cop a 4 week suspension. Good one idiot especially when we are light on props. Makes me angry when we let a bloke go like rose who loves the club.

There is allegedly more to this story than just DUI and evading police.

Manly Sea Eagles forward Richard Fa'aoso has been charged over an alleged domestic incident and then leading police on a pursuit through Sydney's south-west while drunk.

Police said they were called to the NRL player's home at Macquarie Fields at 2pm on Sunday when Fa'aoso, 29, allegedly became involved in an argument with his wife.

The Tongan international allegedly knocked over furniture, kicked a door off its hinges and smashed a window before his wife ran off.

Fa'aoso is then alleged to have driven to another house in nearby Ingleburn where the domestic dispute continued and police were called.
Advertisement

When officers arrived, they tried to stop Fa'aoso as he drove past the premises but he kept driving and a police pursuit began.

He was stopped at Currawong Street at Ingleburn, where he was arrested and was given a breath test.

He allegedly returned a positive reading.

Fa'aoso has been charged with malicious damage, not stopping a vehicle when directed to do so and mid-range drink driving.

He is due in Campbelltown Local Court on Tuesday.

He has also been issued with an apprehended violence order.

Comment was being sought from Manly and the NRL.

Fa'aoso, who started his NRL career at the Penrith Panthers in 2004, missed this year's grand final against the Roosters after fracturing his C7 vertebra in the Sea Eagles' preliminary final win against South Sydney.

A rugby league journeyman, having also played at the Eels, Roosters, Raiders and Knights before winning a premiership with Melbourne and then joining Manly, Fa'aoso had not given up hope of overcoming the injury and playing in the 2014 season.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/richard-faaoso-charged-over-domestic-dispute-20131125-2y4yp.html#ixzz2lcARwd2q

Phil Slothfield will enjoy this, no doubt he will blame David Perry for the incident.

Fa'aoso has been charged with malicious damage, not stopping a vehicle when directed to do so and mid-range drink driving.

No mention of any assault on his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7