• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=179484.msg210450#msg210450 date=1236673929]

Manly have scheduled an emergency board meeting at 7:30pm to discuss the developments. Number one on the agenda is whether Stewart will play in the season opening game against the Bulldogs on Saturday.

He must play simple if you stand him down you are saying he is guilty
[/quote]

I think the NRL will stand him down anyway ? i remember Gallop saying something.

He has to be stood down right away. Settle!! Get him to step back, clear his name and then come back. No one is bigger than the club and this is hurting us all. When he is cleared he can come back and the club will have done the morally right thing. Football is nothing compared to the possible outcome!!

If we want to keep our reputation as the cleanest club in the league unfortunately I think he should step aside for now.  If the case against him is as flimsy as everyone on here thinks/hopes, it will quickly come to pieces. 

People should stop blaming the club it's not like the club got a beer bong and funnelled the drinks in the boys mouths, these are adults that stand accused, these aren't 17 or 18 year old boys.

Gallop should keep his stupid idiot head out of this.  he didn't stand down the Dogs team when they were under the pump.  he didn't stand down Lanfranchini or whatever, when he was charged, he didn't stand down the Brisbane bongos when they let it rip.  Christ, he ****es me.  I can't stand that hypocrite.  Just go to Canberra Gallop and let some independent professional run the ship of fools. 

DSM5 link said:
Gallop should keep his stupid idiot head out of this. 
Just thinking about how many current test players have got in major strife in the past 6 months - Bird, the 3 broncos were all aust reps?, Lockyer, now Brett Stewart.
Can that be true, 6 Test players in scandals within such a short time? Sorry, Choc, make that 7.

Message is either don't make the test team or test players think their bullet proof

The Wheel link said:
Message is either don't make the test team or test players think their bullet proof

The message is don't carry on like a F**kwit and you'll be fine, you don't see Brent Kite or Steve Price having any issues.

[quote author=missing_something
The message is don't carry on like a F**kwit and you'll be fine, you don't see Brent Kite or Steve Price having any issues.

Beaver had one of the cleanest careers in Rugby League. Did he even get taken to the Judicary? I can't help but think if he was there he might have told them to pull their head in.

DSM5 link said:
Gallop should keep his stupid idiot head out of this.  he didn't stand down the Dogs team when they were under the pump.  he didn't stand down Lanfranchini or whatever, when he was charged, he didn't stand down the Brisbane bongos when they let it rip.  Christ, he S**tes me.  I can't stand that hypocrite.  Just go to Canberra Gallop and let some independent professional run the ship of fools. 
I have to agree. His remarks the last few days have been way below inspiring. Maybe we should have capitulated in 96 and become a News club. A bloody joke the way our club has been treated.

Originally posted by TC:
[qb] something not quite right about this case [/qb]
Yea, I have a feeling there is more to this than will ever be made public or discovered to be the full truth of that night.

However, Stewart has clearly done enough wrong to warrant some legal court appearance, and seems to have gone at least a bit stupid after a couple too many beers.

He should be treated just like any other elite football player / top sportsman, no special treatment etc.

As long as the investigations etc. are all done fairly and honestly.

I am as shocked as anyone - I have been loving his brilliant onfield play over the past few years, such a shame he has slipped up this time.

Go Sea Eagles through all the good times and bad, regardless!

The Gronk link said:
If we want to keep our reputation as the cleanest club in the league unfortunately I think he should step aside for now.

That reputation is long, long gone.

The NRL are going to press hard for Brett to stand down. It will be a massive stand from Manly if he runs out onto ANZ Stadium on Saturday.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=179484.msg210459#msg210459 date=1236674957]
Relax fellas, this was always going to happen.  It does not mean that Brett is guilty of anything.  Many people are charged, it's a formality that has to be followed by the cops, but many are found to not have a case to answer at a later date.  If his head is OK, he should play.  I just hope the Board take a sensible look at this and remember there should always be the presumption of innocence.
I agree. the board won't only be trying to be sensible though, they will be under massive pressure from gallop
[/quote]  Why?  Did he do likewise with Bulldogs, Broncos and Sharks in the last 3 years?  I don't think so.

that recent article about our win/loss ratio without stewart is essential reading now folks.
right or wrong he'll have to be stood down I'd say. the pressure is on as will says. prominent public figures are part of the wheel of fame and their shaming and sacrifice is as much a part of their media appeal as their exaltation from a sales point of view. (laffranchi was not 'star' enough, the broncos were still in the misdemeanour category).

cathy lumby is a bit of a twit but her article in the smh is right; stewart's prominence is his millstone now, but he wouldn't be robinson crusoe statistically speaking. I hope he's truly not guilty. For now we need a game plan that reacts to the absence of his world class input. hopefully temporarily.....

that recent article about our win/loss ratio without stewart is essential reading now folks.
right or wrong he'll have to be stood down I'd say. the pressure is on as will says. prominent public figures are part of the wheel of fame and their shaming and sacrifice is as much a part of their media appeal as their exaltation from a sales point of view. (laffranchi was not 'star' enough, the broncos were still in the misdemeanour category).

cathy lumby is a bit of a twit but her article in the smh is right; stewart's prominence is his millstone now, but he wouldn't be robinson crusoe statistically speaking. I hope he's truly not guilty. For now we need a game plan that reacts to the absence of his world class input. hopefully temporarily.....

Did Lockyer stand down? The list is endless. If only we were a News club and maybe we would get some fair treatment. He is NOT guilty of anything at this time.

He hasn't been found guilty of anything and should continue to play. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2