1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F***

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Kiwi Eagle, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    No article as yet, but I am hearing Brett has been charged with sexual assault

2. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 72
    Yes he has been charged

3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    According to ABC News he has been charged

4. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    http://livenews.com.au/Articles/2009/03/10/Charges_expected_as_Stewart_arrives_at_police_station_

Manly fullback Brett Stewart has been charged with sexual assault. Laura Tunstall is at Dee Why police station.

24-year-old Stewart arrived here in a suit flanked by his lawyer and coach Des Hasler.

The star fullback was spoken to by investigators regarding an alleged incident with a 17-year-old on Friday night, which occurred after the Manly Sea Eagles season launch party.

Police have charged Stewart with sexual assault – he was granted bail.

Stewart will appear at the Manly Local Court on 7 April.

5. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    F***!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this.. Devastating news.

I'm speechless..

6. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Oh. This is nita.. I can't log matt out :S

7. The Wheel

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 72
    Brett Stewart charged by police
    Jacquelin Magnay | March 10, 2009 - 7:11PM

Rugby league star Brett Stewart has been formally charged with sexual assault tonight.

Stewart was arrested after attending Dee Why police station and granted police bail.

Stewart, 24, has been charged with sexual assault after an investigation into an alleged incident last week involving a 17-year-old girl.

NSW police have issued a statement saying a North Manly man was spoken to by investigators regarding an alleged incident with a 17-year-old girl at a North Manly property during the evening of Friday, 6 March 2009.

Stewart arrived at a Sydney police station earlier this evening to speak to investigators.

He arrived at Dee Why police station in a police car, via the back entrance, about 6pm (AEDT) on Tuesday.

About 7pm, Manly coach Des Hasler drove Stewart from the police station without comment.

Manly have scheduled an emergency board meeting at 7:30pm to discuss the developments. Number one on the agenda is whether Stewart will play in the season opening game against the Bulldogs on Saturday.

8. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh my god i just can't believe this I'm shocked to the core so what of the DNA tests now ?

9. The Wheel

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 72
    Innocent until proven guilty;

Facts are the father is a convicted felon with a track record of dishonesty.  Birds of feather flock together.

10. Pepi

Pepi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 20
    Im as devastated as anyone, but we have to remember that not 1 player is bigger then our club and we have been through worse before.

I pray he is found innocent, but we should all just put things into perspective before we slit our wrists.

11. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I'm very dumbfounded by this.

He seems a long way from the type that would do this sort of thing. This is gonna cost us and the NRL a fortune.

I am like others - Speechless

12. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    He must play simple if you stand him down you are saying he is guilty

13. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Relax fellas, this was always going to happen.  It does not mean that Brett is guilty of anything.  Many people are charged, it's a formality that has to be followed by the cops, but many are found to not have a case to answer at a later date.  If his head is OK, he should play.  I just hope the Board take a sensible look at this and remember there should always be the presumption of innocence.

14. The Wheel

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 72
    Well said DSM5 you could even up your smite count with sensible posts like that

15. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Wheel, all my posts are sensible, it's just that there's a lot of weasels and gropers out there who are jealous and delight in smiting me.  After this is all over, I just hope one small fat groper has his head smited clean off. 

16. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    I agree. the board won't only be trying to be sensible though, they will be under massive pressure from gallop and maybe from some sponsors.

17. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Brett need to speak out sometime soon.

I would like to hear his version of events. If he can't remember it. He's ****ed.

18. The Wheel

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 72
    I wouldn't say Canteen Worker is all that fat, oh by the way I gave you a clap for that post

19. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Terrible news but not guilty......yet.

Totally out of character the club should be ashamed of themselves allowing these players to get so smashed on their watch.