Expansion Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Look, I'm more than happy to see Perth in the comp if it can prosper. From what i'm hearing now maybe it could. I would also like to see a central coast side though. They're basically set up ready to go. Plus all the rednecks on the cc would really get behind it! QLD can jam it. I realise people are sick of Brisbane being so dominant but are they really? We've been much more dominant then them this decade. So have Melbourne. So have St George. Once the new tv deal is done we shouldn't have to watch them every friday night and they won't have the benefit of friday night crowds and the steadyness of knowing when your game will be week in week out.

The one thing i really don't want to see is any team re locate. There should not be expansion if we can't look after existing clubs.

Relocating is not growth, it's dilution. Why the **** can't people see that?? Maybe Sydney needs dilution. What is the population of the gay capital anyway? How many clubs are there to support in Sydney? What is the average club membership? Do the maths. Qld people love their League more than the pastey skinned mexicans who claim to be the heartland of RL. I think the heartland of league is where the support is greatest. CQ has provided so many players to the NRL for such a long time we deserve a team. For such a redneck, ****all area with nothing to do and little to offer (which is of course is the typical head up your arse, high and mighty attitude we know and laugh at) we have provided great talent for years. Nowhere to play?? FMD, how long did it take the Titans to build a stadium once included?

Mals said:
We need to engage with the North Shore of Sydney more. I have a few cousins in Mosman who are newly converted Sea Eagle supporters. These are people who we need to come over.

I agree with you Mals. The Bears mission is to stop this happening so it will take some time, but in 20 years when the Bears have long given up on readmission hopes I think that if we play our cards right school kids up and down the north shore will be predominantly Manly supporters. This will have a huge positive impact on our supporter base and our juniors.

If the Bears are to have any real hope of readmission, they need to commit to an area - this idea of "taking the game to the Central Coast" whilst "reconnecting with the North Shore" just doesn't work in my view. It just disenfranchises everyone.

mozgrame said:
Relocating is not growth, it's dilution. Why the f**k can't people see that?? Maybe Sydney needs dilution. What is the population of the gay capital anyway? How many clubs are there to support in Sydney? What is the average club membership? Do the maths. Qld people love their League more than the pastey skinned mexicans who claim to be the heartland of RL. I think the heartland of league is where the support is greatest. CQ has provided so many players to the NRL for such a long time we deserve a team. For such a redneck, ****all area with nothing to do and little to offer (which is of course is the typical head up your arse, high and mighty attitude we know and laugh at) we have provided great talent for years. Nowhere to play?? FMD, how long did it take the Titans to build a stadium once included?

I can see your passion moz, Its not just stadiums mate. I just checked the flight patterns on weekends between sydney and rocky. Virtually no direct flights and the usual flight time is over 6 hours to travel maybe 1500 k.I know perth is approx 5 hours too, but its often, its direct and if you miss a plane you dont get stranded

Almost half the games played will involve teams from sydney with melb suffering more in air time.You cant have NRL squads on the tilt train to get to brissie then fly again. I think a lot more than a stadium needs to be built to help CC chances

Im not against any bid and the best bid should get the nod, im confident the Ic will be able to select the best bid, but CC are going to have to overcome obstacles that most other bids dont even consider due to logistics.

Just my thoughts, im not selecting the bids remember

mozgrame said:
Relocating is not growth, it's dilution. Why the f**k can't people see that?? Maybe Sydney needs dilution. What is the population of the gay capital anyway? How many clubs are there to support in Sydney? What is the average club membership? Do the maths. Qld people love their League more than the pastey skinned mexicans who claim to be the heartland of RL. I think the heartland of league is where the support is greatest. CQ has provided so many players to the NRL for such a long time we deserve a team. For such a redneck, ****all area with nothing to do and little to offer (which is of course is the typical head up your arse, high and mighty attitude we know and laugh at) we have provided great talent for years. Nowhere to play?? FMD, how long did it take the Titans to build a stadium once included?

Moz, it's time for you to do the math and not guess it...

Last year the Sydney clubs drew 110000 members between them, compared to the Brisbane total of 15000. Taking into account the numbers of clubs/population, there was a 2.4% take up of memberships for Sydney clubs, compared to just 0.7% in Brisbane.

Apply it across the two states and all their clubs, then you have NSW with a 1.8% takeup (132330 memberships against a 7.2mil pop) leading QLD (again) with just .07% (31124 against 4.5mil pop).

League loves a good myth and the 'QLD is the new Heartland' is just the latest doing the rounds.

How does Qld produce such a talent pool if the residents are not passionate about the game? How has Qld dominated SOO for so long? Please don't be fooled by southern media "reports", we are the true heartland. I don't believe for a second that you believe flight patterns will not change if a NRL team is introduced JBB. That sort of tunnel vision and narrow mindedness is what inhibits growth and productivity the most. If you think there are no solutions apart from those methods that are in place right here and now, then we may aswell just kick back and stagnate while watching the other codes thrive.
I do appreciate your time in gathering the figures HH, but how can you not see that Rocky and Perth are the obvious choices for new entities. We do not have the clog of competition for corporate sponsorship and new memberships that Sydney/Brisbane and even Melbourne have. The NRL would be finally breaking new ground and tapping a huge and hardly challenged resource here moreso than even Perth. There will be 2 teams introduced, Perth and, if they are as wise as we the fans would hope, CQ.

mozgrame said:
How does Qld produce such a talent pool if the residents are not passionate about the game? How has Qld dominated SOO for so long? Please don't be fooled by southern media "reports", we are the true heartland. I don't believe for a second that you believe flight patterns will not change if a NRL team is introduced JBB. That sort of tunnel vision and narrow mindedness is what inhibits growth and productivity the most. If you think there are no solutions apart from those methods that are in place right here and now, then we may aswell just kick back and stagnate while watching the other codes thrive.
I do appreciate your time in gathering the figures HH, but how can you not see that Rocky and Perth are the obvious choices for new entities. We do not have the clog of competition for corporate sponsorship and new memberships that Sydney/Brisbane and even Melbourne have. The NRL would be finally breaking new ground and tapping a huge and hardly challenged resource here moreso than even Perth. There will be 2 teams introduced, Perth and, if they are as wise as we the fans would hope, CQ.

I'm anti-CC. I have no problems with Perth but I see a 2nd Bris team as a must.

CQ is a pipedream until they have the population in the immediate area and the appropriate infrastructure to support it. Having just 70,000 to draw on consistantly is not a strong case for inclusion, especially when there is no threat to the area from other footballing codes.

Their time will come but it will probably be 10-15 years before we can seriously re-examine the CQ's chances.

And Qld dominate SOO series results because they have the best 1-6-7-9 combo for the last few years. But for all that domination, they have only clean-sweep a single series and also enjoyed NSW taking a game to Melbourne. It isn't a product of their 'passion'; just of various circumstances which puts them on top of the pile. That's sport, not passion.

mozgrame said:

Mate, i live in qld so i am not fooled by southern media. Nor am I fooled by an angry person with an axe to grind

I merely suggested that cc have more obstacles than you have discussed in this thread. If CC get the nod its because they have ticked all the box's and id be happy with that. As previously posted.

Anyway, ill take my thoughts, my crap attitude, my tunnel vision, and my narrow mindedness , my questions, elsewhere as I am obviously stupid and wasting YOUR time as you crusade for a bid neither of us will have any impact on

jbb/james said:
mozgrame said:

Mate, i live in qld so i am not fooled by southern media. Nor am I fooled by an angry person with an axe to grind

I merely suggested that cc have more obstacles than you have discussed in this thread. If CC get the nod its because they have ticked all the box's and id be happy with that. As previously posted.

Anyway, ill take my thoughts, my crap attitude, my tunnel vision, and my narrow mindedness , my questions, elsewhere as I am obviously stupid and wasting YOUR time as you crusade for a bid neither of us will have any impact on

Oh dear me. I, in no way meant to hurt your fragile feelings JBB. I have no angry axe to grind. It just amazes me that people seem to think the Brisbane and immediate surrounds are the be all and end all of Qld. I too am fully aware that apart from my name on a petition, all hopes for a team here relies solely on a sound and solid business proposal. Look mate, my primary want for a team here is so i can atleast once a year drive ten minutes to a ground and watch the mighty Eagles. Simple. I have nothing against you or anyone else on these forums, and i will again say i'm sorry for offending you. Quick question, are you a Qlder, or do you just live here? You seem a bit uppity ;)

mozgrame said:
Look mate, my primary want for a team here is so i can atleast once a year drive ten minutes to a ground and watch the mighty Eagles. Simple.

You and me both mate.

Stevo said:
Are you purposely misspelling the word 'no'?

Are you making a run for Fro's job?

WAMF said:
mozgrame said:
Look mate, my primary want for a team here is so i can atleast once a year drive ten minutes to a ground and watch the mighty Eagles. Simple.

You and me both mate.

Stevo said:
No Wamf stevo is just a wanker I picture him to being like that Peter fella from MKR.

Are you making a run for Fro's job?

Hamster Huey said:
mozgrame said:

I'm anti-CC. I have no problems with Perth but I see a 2nd Bris team as a must.

CQ is a pipedream until they have the population in the immediate area and the appropriate infrastructure to support it. Having just 70,000 to draw on consistantly is not a strong case for inclusion, especially when there is no threat to the area from other footballing codes.

Their time will come but it will probably be 10-15 years before we can seriously re-examine the CQ's chances.

And Qld dominate SOO series results because they have the best 1-6-7-9 combo for the last few years. But for all that domination, they have only clean-sweep a single series and also enjoyed NSW taking a game to Melbourne. It isn't a product of their 'passion'; just of various circumstances which puts them on top of the pile. That's sport, not passion.

Mate, you have pulled that figure of 70 000 from the deep dark depths of your clacker. LOL. The region is from Mackay to Bundaberg and west to the boarder. We often drive 14 to 16 hour round trips to watch a quality game. Have team, will travel.
As for Origin, you are telling me that circumstances or "as luck would have it" is why the blues can't jag a series. Bear in mind, i am a blues supporter. The Qld team will tear and fight against all odds to get a win. The Qld fans are just as, if not more passionate. If the Blues could gather half of the passion, will and determination that the Toads and their fans muster, they'd have a few more series wins. How many times have you heard Gould say, "I don't know what it is Qlders have, but if we could bottle it and give it to our boys..."?
The only team that resembles the Qld origin side is Manly. You know why?? Because we have the will, determination and ...you guessed it PASSION to win!

Stevo said:

HAHA. KNOW. :D I'm trying to do a million things at once today and frustration is taking its toll. I think i need a snickers. I am the only bloke i know that hates bloody Fridays.

Dont confuse civil and respectful with fragile buddy. I have not said or implied Brisbane is better than Rockhampton, so that is irrelevent

Where i was born should have no bearing on my point of view,but I was born in brisbane .

Have you bothered to read our exchange, and you call me uppity

I have said sorry to you JBB. I have even used capitals for your user name. I mean no disrespect and it was my obviously useless attempt at levity that has now confused you. You seem to have misplaced your God given Qld sense of humour.;)
I have no problem with you JBB, but please don't bristle up and get all "key board hard" with me "buddy". I will not cop it sweet.
Please enjoy the rest of your day and pay me no more mind. Have a great weekend!! Cheers :)

AAHH that'll do me. Lets kill this fukin thread and get back to the business at hand. We've got a big game on and this bickering is as boring as ****. Everyone reunite, group hug and start chanting for the mighty Eagles. I loves youse all!!

mozgrame said:
Stevo said:

HAHA. KNOW. :D I'm trying to do a million things at once today and frustration is taking its toll. I think i need a snickers. I am the only bloke i know that hates bloody Fridays.

Ha ha. I actually thought it may have been auto correct! Usually people shorten words when they misspell them! :D

Some intelligent people become bored with short words very quickly. I am not one of those people. LOL. If my mind is on one thing and i'm typing about another, i tend to create sentences that English Lit Profs could not decipher. Once my typing gains momentum, it's hard to shut down. :p

mozgrame said:
I have said sorry to you JBB. I have even used capitals for your user name. I mean no disrespect and it was my obviously useless attempt at levity that has now confused you. You seem to have misplaced your God given Qld sense of humour.;)
I have no problem with you JBB, but please don't bristle up and get all "key board hard" with me "buddy". I will not cop it sweet.
Please enjoy the rest of your day and pay me no more mind. Have a great weekend!! Cheers :)

This **** made me laugh hard so i must still have a sense of humour .
:D

cheers moz enjoy your weekend, there is no hard feelings here,

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6