Ex Player Profile - Fatty Vautin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
http://silvertails.net/addins/content/content.php?content.214

A new profile is up for Fatty.

Great article Wheel. I remember the fuss at Fatty not being resigned by Manly at the end of 89 and the Shame on You Doug Daley posters. (Probably the same crowd that set up the Greenpeace Protests for Save Our Monaghan).

I think the real story though was not so much to do with Lowe but that Fatty was not prepared to take a downgraded contract and took the bigger money with the chooks. Max Krilich and a few others took less in their final years but Fatty saw it as an insult.

The politics between Fatty and Bozo aren't supposed to be good and the word is that they haven't spoken in years and won't be in the same room together. The story is that Fatty publically stated that Scott Fulton couldn't play and a feud developed as a result. Footy Show Egos and the Hadley feud hasn't helped either so they say.

In his book I believe he says he was offered a down graded contract because of his support for thompson rather than the fact he was nearing then end of his career.

Thompson was only keeping the coaching seat warm anyway.

Fatty was right about Scott Fulton not being able to play!

Hey wheel good write up but if I remember correctly (and its been a while since I read his book) but I think it was Fred Jones who made the remark who's this little fatty that gave Vautin his nickname.

UP is correct about Fatty being called Fatty. His profile has been amended. (Jones said to Eadie - who is this fatty?)

Thanks to UP for the feedback, most of the profiles are done from my memory of the players/games/time etc - I stand to be corrected if necessary.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2