• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

codewana

Reserve Grader
Just watching some ESL on 9 at the moment. It looks like a much faster game than the ones we see in the NRL. Refs rarely use the video, and when they do, the decisions are made very quickly.
Its also filmed, televised, and commentated on in a much more professional fashion. Its a shame we can't watch NRL games in the same quality as those played in the UK.

codewana said:
Just watching some ESL on 9 at the moment. It looks like a much faster game than the ones we see in the NRL. Refs rarely use the video, and when they do, the decisions are made very quickly.
Its also filmed, televised, and commentated on in a much more professional fashion. Its a shame we can't watch NRL games in the same quality as those played in the UK.

Hmmmmm... the Pommie fans said exactly the same about our coverage.

Is it that "The grass is greener on the other side?"

The ESL is a worse quality game though.

The commentators don't tend to add much excitement in my opinion and it ends up making the game less exciting.

We have some of the best commentators in the world in Australia.

Despite what you may think of them, the following can make a game incredibly interesting just by the way they call it

"Rabs"
Hadley
Andrew Moore

Even guys like blocker add to the call.

Really the only bad commentators we have at the moment seem to be the ones on TV besides Rabs. Smith and Daley being the worst closely followed by Voss.

i like those guys that just call the game without too much other fluff. Vossy thinks he should be dictating the game and rules and is just flat and boring. That is why they lump him with Fatty and Wally, they speak at about the speed and IQ level for Queenslanders

I don't mind Sterlo, he just call the plays as he sees them and explains them without all the crap that Gus adds.

The ESL seems slower to me, it seems more open but the play structures just seem so weak. I don't know what it is about the game, but I just find it ridiculously less entertaining

You mean you don't live STEEEEVOOO? ;)

Pommie commentators are terrible, but the games themselves don't have the same intensity for the full 80 minutes like they do in the NRL. From some casual acquaintances who have had experience in the ESL, they all say the same thing. They spend way too much time in the Gym and not enough on the training paddock.

Just finished watching the end of wigan v st helens, what an absolute cracker of the game, it had it all at the end

Anyone who thinks Ray (100 years old) Warren is still a good commentator is a poor judge. He criticised Rex Mossop for staying too long, the silly old fart should have retired 5 seasons ago, he is absolutely terrible.

Whenever I watch the 9 coverage I always turn the volume down.

our great beaver is still over there and watching the game last night got me curious on how many games and tries he has played since leaving the nrl. got the stats from the superleague website and he has played 64 games and 28 tries including 3 from the past 2 games, which from memory puts him on 208 (i think he was on 180 before leaving nrl). also he is looking like getting picked for the nrl exiles team in the backrow along side of luke odonnell and craig fitzgibbon

seaeagles4life said:
our great beaver is still over there and watching the game last night got me curious on how many games and tries he has played since leaving the nrl. got the stats from the superleague website and he has played 64 games and 28 tries including 3 from the past 2 games, which from memory puts him on 208 (i think he was on 180 before leaving nrl). also he is looking like getting picked for the nrl exiles team in the backrow along side of luke odonnell and craig fitzgibbon

O'Donnell is one of the coaches pick so he's already in.

Our game is more structured here in Australia. The problem is they try to play like us in Test matches is how they keep losing to us.

England or Great Britain would be better served to play an adlib style of play.

As far as the club comp goes there are three must see games (IMO) for Rugby League follower : -

Wigan vs St Helens
Leeds vs Bradford
and the biggie
Hull F.C vs Hull K.R

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4