• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eaglette Fan

Reserve Grader
According to this site, we have signed Esi Tonga (center from the Eels). Not sure if it is confirmed though, but if true, it is a good move. Apart from Lyon and Matai, we have the least depth in the centres than any other position I feel.

http://www.marathonstadium.com/showthread.php?11143-2013-NRL-Player-Rumours-amp-Signings

I wonder what Willie Tonga thinks about that? Esi was told in September last year to feel free to look elsewhere, although he was on their books for 2013. May be a good buy for depth, if Parra are paying him. Also plays wing.

Yeah ordinary at best but a decent back up.

Some of you people are tough. We're hardly going to have a world class centre playing in reserve grade are we?

not seeing we need a world class centre in reserve grade, was saying that i think we would have a someone internal of similar abaility rather than going outside the club

I am happy to be proven wrong and maybe we dont have anyone ready to step up to wide

Just an opinion

Stevo said:
Yeah ordinary at best but a decent back up.

Some of you people are tough. We're hardly going to have a world class centre playing in reserve grade are we?

Exactly right Stevo. Does anyone seriously think that any fringe first graders going to come to Manly and try to force a starting spot ahead of Killer and Matai?

If he has signed, it's another addition from our Parramatta Feeder club. With good coaching he may be another Parra reject come good....

When he first made the grade at the Titans he looked like a player with some talent but he hasn't really settled despite getting a few opportunities. No surprise to see him fail in the blackhole that in the Eels. Wouldn't surprise me if he came to us and kicked on which would be another feather in our cap.

Would suggest there were similar thoughts about Bryant, Wolfman, Stranger, Hall, Matai to name a few

Stevo said:
Why? Would the ink alter his mind and perception?

It seems to have done that to 99% of the population who are not in the services that have them.

They are not called tough stickers for nothing.

Reading Parra websites it seems injuries and lack of heart was the problem. A fresh start may do the trick. Didn't he make the origin squad for QLD??
Funny thing, the Eels rumoured signings are hundreds of pages long. 50-100 posts on a daily basis!! Desperate times and maybe a troll would have Christmas in there.

This is from the Courier mail - March 15 2012

THE Queensland Rugby League has backed down on threats to ban Parramatta centre Esi Tonga from State of Origin selection for two years.

But the 24-year-old Logan Brothers junior's absence from the final training run of the pre-season Origin Emerging Players camp has lengthened his odds of joining older brother Willie in a Maroon jumper in the immediate future.

A tribunal comprising QRL chairman John McDonald, Maroons coach Mal Meninga and chairman of selectors Des Morris showed lenience on Tonga after he gave his side of the story.

With Parramatta coach Stephen Kearney lending support, Tonga expressed his remorse for the turn of events on January 21 when he failed to return to the motel after dinner at a city pub with other members of the Queensland Academy of Sport Emerging squad.

He also missed training the next morning, leaving Academy coach Wayne Bennett bewildered and angry.

QRL chief executive Rob Moore said yesterday Tonga gave an explanation to the tribunal late last week and "we had no grounds to disbelieve him".

Moore said the QRL had asked Parramatta to monitor his performances, on and off the field, to satisfy Meninga and the selectors he was doing the right thing.

"By all accounts his performances at training have been good, even in the days following the incident up here," Moore said.

"He was very remorseful to the tribunal, and devastated by the possible consequences.

"We informed Parramatta of our decision today, and we will not be going into details about Esi's explanation.

"The State Government-backed QAS programme is unique and provides exceptional pathways for talented players.

"It's disappointing that the Esi incident in some ways overshadowed a highly productive QAS camp.

"As always, players' on-field performances and off-field conduct will be taken into consideration for future Origin selection."

Because he is not a registered player in Queensland, Tonga might have been able to challenge an official ban imposed by the QRL over an incident arising out of a Queensland-based programme.

But there is nothing to stop the selectors putting Tonga's name on the bottom of their list of candidates, and the former Gold Coast Titans player has a lot of work to do to get back in the good books with Bennett and Meninga.

Esi represented Tonga in the 2008 Centenary World Cup, but has yet to play Origin. Willie Tonga has represented Queensland seven times.

Willie will play for Parramatta against North Queensland in Townsville on Saturday, but Esi is unavailable after tearing his hamstring in the closing minutes of Monday night's 36-20 loss to the Warriors in Sydney.

They re-signed Cheyse Blair, who would have to rank as the worst 1st grade player of 2012. So if I were esi, I'd leave.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6