EPL Thread 2009/2010

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Zep

Bencher
Have to say that even though they spent 200 million pounds it looked like Man City were going to lose, good saves from Given.

Alot of great goals from the weekend, most notably a few from the arsenals 6-1 drubbing of Everton.

Benetiz bitching about the officials at Liverpool, I doubt they will make the top 4.

Good start for the Gunners, not sure they have the depth to go all the way this year though.  Everton could not be saved even though they have the world's greatest ever player in their squad!

Way too early to call for the Pool but is it just me or does the whole league feel a little flat?

The movement of players to Spain (Galatico’s mark 2) and lack of spending from the big 4 has left me a little ho hum

I mean Manu sign Little Michael Owen, The pool sign Glenn “ the toilet seat” Johnson and a crock from Roma, Arse sign a central defender and some more unknowns with Chelski only signing City’s off casts (Sturridge)

As a non big 4 supporter it is great but you have to question the overall standard of the league

The standard is fine Isz, look at the the semi final teams from the last few years in the Champions League. Atleast 2 in the semis going back to ?2005?

I only watched a two games on the weekend but it just looked like you early season rust is coming off. Arsenal, Chelsea, Hull City, and a few other teams looked very comfortable with the ball and were able to create some chances from them. It will be interesting to see how Real Madrid will play. Maybe Man Utd will be able to buy back Ronaldo for a 1/3 of the price :p

I'm riding this bus until we run out of petrol or the tyres go flat.

There's only one Arsene Wenger
One Arsene Wenger

Top of the table clap clap clap

I think the top tier is still strong and will still feature heavily in the Champions league

The EPL has always been three leagues

The big 4 (maybe 5 with City)

Mid table

My Hammers, Everton, Spurs, Villa and Fulham last year

The rest

This is where the quality is poor. I might be wrong but I am pretty sure that Hull stayed up with 35 points

As for Real the best signing has to be Alonso

No point having all those guys if you cannot get them the ball (also he was not bad in the tackle)

Ha ha ha ha united got done 1-0 to burnley liverpool back on track thrashing stoke 4-0 hey zep want to re-phrase your prediction of liverpool.

Funny...

Pre season the gunners are gone
Then pool
Now Manu.....

For mind Chelski looked good (with a new formation as well...)

ManlyBacker link said:
I'm riding this bus until we run out of petrol or the tyres go flat.

One Arsene Wenger

Top of the table clap clap clap
  You get an applaud for that.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
Ha ha ha ha united got done 1-0 to burnley liverpool back on track thrashing stoke 4-0 hey zep want to re-phrase your prediction of liverpool.

no. Because the pool will choke at the end, not the beginning.

We'll get a good idea of where we're placed this time next week.  Beating those filthy red devils at Trafford would be sweet.

2 goals to the pool, 2 goals to the villa.

1 - 3 the result  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Saw the end of the game, thought the pool looked good in attack but just couldn't finish. Gerrard had a massic 5/1 shots at goal.

Zep link said:
[quote author=PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link=topic=181395.msg237507#msg237507 date=1250721459]

[/quote]
Zep ithink they'll also choke in the beginning by the looks of it.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
[quote author=Zep link=topic=181395.msg237588#msg237588 date=1250804612]
[quote author=PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link=topic=181395.msg237507#msg237507 date=1250721459]

[/quote]
Zep ithink they'll also choke in the beginning by the looks of it.
[/quote]
Maybe it is arsenals year. Still too early to tell. But if this keeps up maybe of the top 4 will drop.

Zep link said:
Maybe it is arsenals year.
Way too early to call. As Mata said Sunday morning is a big test. The betting shows that there is some belief the Gunners will give this game a shake but it will be tough. City have been slightly disappointing as well. You get the feeling that this year the whole competition is bit closer.

Most staggering is those perennial losers from tottenham being on top at the moment.  Surely this can't be a portent of things to come. 

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6